Standard Psy-Water deck. Any thoughts on better construction?

Guitaritis

This is the current standard deck I run, I believe this to be the best contruction with what I have. Alot of the cards that I only have 1 of I do not have more of, wish I did. Constructive criticism on what I should obviously take out would be helpful and tips on what I should put more of in or what other cards not on the list I should put it would be helpful.

Pokemon: 17

Altaria Ex

Mewtwo ********** shot)

Shaymin Ex

Lugia

Zorua

Zoroark

Regice x2

Skrelp

Dragalge

Hawlucha(ability: sudden cyclone)

Magikarp

Gyarados

Articuno(find ice)

Teddiursa

Ursaring

Carbink(ability: energy keeper)

Trainer: 25

Potion x2

Pokemon Center Lady x2

Ultra ball x2

N x3

Professor's letter x2

Trainers' Mail x2

Enhanced Hammer

Escape Rope

Evosoda

Vs Seeker

Fisherman

Lysandre

Pokemon Fan Club

Skyla

Team Flare Grunt

Fighting Fury Belt

Float Stone

Lucky Helmet

Energy:

DC x4

Psychic x7

Water x7

I suggest running just 1 pokemon type for the time being, maybe run just water in your deck. Also, it's a very common mistake to see people new to deck building to over load on energy. You really don't need more than 14 energy in most decks. Keep the DCEs and the Lugia, I would take out the Altaria since it's not very good without the mega, also take out the Psychic type. Zoroark is fine since it can attack for a single DCE and it as a great ability. Cut the 7 Psychic energy for 2 or 3 extra water and some more trainers. Finally, I would take out the urasing line, since having 3 evolution lines makes the deck very clunky Here's a deck that I think is totally possible in your current situation:

Pokemon: 

1 Lugia

1 Shaymin-EX

1 Zorua

1 Zoroark

2 Regice

3 Magikarp

3 Gyarados (See if you can get the AT one)

Trainers: 

4 Ultra Ball

3 N

3 Sycamore

1 Skyla

4 Trainers' Mail

1 Professor's Letter

1 Lysandre

4 VS Seeker (You really need 3 or 4 of these in each deck)

2 Float Stone

3 Fury Belt

1 Switch

1 Escape rope

1 Enhanced Hammer

1 Town Map

4 Max Elixer

3 Team Magma's Secret Base

Energy: 

8 Water

4 DCE

I hope this helps :)

Yea thanks man I really appreciate the tips, I got one question however, why run the team magma's secret bases if I do not have any team magma pokemon? I made this deck in the editor and saved so I know what cards  I need to get more of.

I got one question however, why run the team magma's secret bases if I do not have any team magma pokemon?

He put 3 Team Magma's Secret Base into the deck to get damage counters on benched Magikarps to power up Gyarados' first attack.

Ahh I see, I wonder if that is really worth, seems like it would be hard to get that situation set up correctly or draw into it good enough to do some worth while damage.

Archived