tournament timer is inaccurate

semeai

today I was in the finals of a tournament and it was a long and intense game. I saw it was going to come down to timers, and I had 1:33 minutes left vs my opponent's 0:36 seconds left. but the opponent played his move, and in the beginning of my turn I instantly lost for some reason. There was no stadium in play, I had 5 cards in my deck vs my opponent's 3, and I had 3 prizes left vs my opponent's 4 prizes.

I can only think that the loss was due to my timer being inaccurate and i actually had less than the time it indicated. The 15 second clock did NOT show, and usually it ticks down to 0 if your timer is about to hit zero. 

The tournament in question was played, based on my tournament history, at 9/7/2016 4:04:30PM

I want to know what happened, and if the reason is the timer, it needs to be fixed. you can't have it be off by over a minute, that is ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel your pain. I too just had this happen and had more time than my opponent during a long game and was about to win. I then got booted and my opponent advanced. Stinks to put in all that time just to lose due to what I believe is an in game error on the clock.

This thing happend three times to me, i filed a support ticket with screenshots and other info but i didn't get any response . Once my opponent ran out of time and i lost the game , this is ridiculous and needs to be fixed please.

If this is the same bug that I remember, I'm surprised that it's still sticking around. There used to be a bug were, after you ended your turn, the game would incorectly keep the timer going for a second or so but not display it. After several turns the total time loss not being displayed can count up to over a minute in a normal match.

It's not very notorious in VS due to the large total timer but it has definetly caused several surprise losses in tournaments in the past. I hope this helps find the cause, in case this is in fact the very same glitch.

Archived