lf roaring skies shaymin ex fa

stevie230793

HI could you please tell me if my 3 fa professoer sycamores and 1 rs pack is worth a fa shaymin as people want my 3 fa sycamores for a ra shaymin and i dont wanna get ripped off and if your willing to trade send me an offer thanks

I would not trade any of my FA Shaymin-EX for even (4) FA Sycamore + (1) RS pack.

I would however trade my (3) FA Sycamore for a FA Shaymin-EX in an instant if that's what you're being offered.

looking at the prices on the trade company things on here they say shaymin fa is worth 31 and my sycamores are worth 12 each so i would of thought that was a good deal

HI could you please tell me if my 3 fa professoer sycamores and 1 rs pack is worth a fa shaymin as people want my 3 fa sycamores for a ra shaymin and i dont wanna get ripped off and if your willing to trade send me an offer thanks

looking at the prices on the trade company things on here they say shaymin fa is worth 31 and my sycamores are worth 12 each so i would of thought that was a good deal

Hey there.  Using the trading companies as a price standard is a great idea.  But using only them is like eating a steak, with a fork OR a knife, and not both.  It's possible, but not practical.

You need to look in-game, and see what people are selling these cards for in Public Offers.

The easiest way to do it would be >> tag Sycamore as "wanted" >> use the filter to look for cards wanted >> enter Sycamore in the search box.

This search should answer your question better than anyone else.

Hey there.  Using the trading companies as a price standard is a great idea.  But using only them is like eating a steak, with a fork OR a knife, and not both.  It's possible, but not practical.

Firstly, you are completely right. I couldn't have said it better myself, so I won't even try.

Second, did you come up with this ^^ quote? You deserve an award if you did. 

Well, at least you know I wasn't lying yesterday when I told you I was being overly fair compared to the market value. I know people want the cards they want and it sucks that they have to have a price... And to many their cards are worth all the tea in china. To others those same cards aren't worth the paper they're printed on nor the time spent on putting them in digital form... Were all fans here. And the last thing I wanna do is crush someones dreams in hopes of a "profit". ^_^

Oh, and I don't know who asked for the extra RS pack. But that's so irrelevant when you deal with cards worth double or triple digits in packs. It's just funny. I probably would of given them a deal for that one.  ;)

I doubt FA Sycamore will retain value well in the coming weeks/months as SS packs are becoming more common and losing value themselves.

The steak, fork and knife analogy is a poignant one. One does not simply calculate values a based on what the trading companies suggest. One should always consider the utility of the card itself. A shaymin has a lot more utility than a FA sycamore simply because the latter is simply a collector's item while the former is almost a requirement in most competitive decks. So yeah I wouldn't trade one for 4 never mind 3. Neither should you unless you are feeling very helpful.

With that said anyone with 3 FA sycamore probably don't need too much help.

Could also pretty easily flip those Sycamores into packs then get a Shaymin. Add some more packs to what you get off them if you have to. Might take a while on the trade board. But time is nothing when you can just post it and forget it.  ;)

You got to check the values though. In PKTC for example Shaymin EX is an **-rated card while Sycamore has no stars at all. Which basically means, that the packs have different values for those cards.

For example: You want to get a card with an value of 10 and another card with an value 10 **. For both cards you want to trade with Steam Siege packs. The standard value in PKTC for Steam Siege packs is 1, for **-rated cards it is 0.5. So you would have to trade 10 packs of Steam Siege for the 10 value card but 20 packs for the 10** value card.

In your specific case i can tell you from my own trading experience that you can get each FA Sycamore in the market for around 10 to 13 Siege packs while you have atleast to offer 50 Steam Siege packs to get FA Shaymin EX or even 40 for RA Shaymin EX.

I hope this was helpful to understand the difference of values of the trading companies a little bit. You can't just always look at the numbers alone.

Archived