Success with Red Card -> Delinquent

CarbideFRL

Has anyone been playing this combo?  

Of course you need a stadium in play, but half the time your opponent helps you out with that.

I've gotten it off a few times and gone on to win, it seems like a good handcuff move and all the parts are useful if you only get one of the parts.  

I did get it off one time when going first, my opponent immediately conceded.

I did get it off one time when going first, my opponent immediately conceded.

What was their other option?  There is pretty much no way to come back from that.  Might as well start a new match instead of be someone's punching bag.

What was their other option?  There is pretty much no way to come back from that.  Might as well start a new match instead of be someone's punching bag.

It depends on what that 1 card is.  If it is a drawer (N, Prof S, Shaymin-EX, etc) then they still have plenty of options

I detest Delinquent.  I have had some ideas for how it could be used effectively, but will not be sharing them as to prevent their spread.  It's one of those cards that really shouldn't have been printed.

We all thought Delinquent was going to be a game-destroyer because of her utterly cruel effect. Although she is extremely annoying when she pops up, it turns out she's not as consistently crippling as we thought. The main reason for this is because the opponent gets to choose what they have to discard, which allows them to hold on to their most vital resources, usually draw support. Even Red Card can end up giving the opponent something like a Shaymin or Sycamore, which they will retain when hit by Delinquent.

Even so, she is cruel. I've recently seen someone use her in a Standard Wailord-EX deck (that's still a thing, apparently), and she got me so much in that match that I lost by decking out. Ugh.

Well, I made a deck for it.  I'm surprised I didn't get death threats.  Surprising how often you can start your opponent with 1 card on turn 1.

I had an idea using Magnezone from Plasma Storm, which gives you the power to play 2 Supporters in one turn. So the Enhanced version of this combo: Ace Trainer --> Delinquent. Get up from that.

Thanks for the shoutout. I try playing red card card or N the turn or turn after late in game with her for the win. The Wailord Deck is tough as **** in standard with Mewtwo, but just won a tournament in-person last weekend with it and have won a few tournaments online with it too. It does well, but it's tough.

We all thought Delinquent was going to be a game-destroyer because of her utterly cruel effect. Although she is extremely annoying when she pops up, it turns out she's not as consistently crippling as we thought. The main reason for this is because the opponent gets to choose what they have to discard, which allows them to hold on to their most vital resources, usually draw support. Even Red Card can end up giving the opponent something like a Shaymin or Sycamore, which they will retain when hit by Delinquent.

Even so, she is cruel. I've recently seen someone use her in a Standard Wailord-EX deck (that's still a thing, apparently), and she got me so much in that match that I lost by decking out. Ugh.

The card definitely allows for more MTG type control decks. I always have one in every deck just to drop stadium cards and at the right moment to stifle an opponent. 

Would love to try building a control deck, just don't have the cards for it. Curious if anyone cares to share their build?!

I run with 4x stadium and 2x Delinquent in my deck. Many times, I delinquent my own stadium and replace it with another. I classify delinquent as an important tool, one that you may not need or use often, but its worth having when you need one. In order for delinquent to be an impact on the match, it must be part of a larger strategy.

Edit to add: Red card may be useful, but it doesn't fit into my personal strategy right now.

Archived