Pikachu Deck Ideas

Reaga

Finally getting to idealizing the deck for my wife. Here's what I'm thinking:

Note: If any cards are not standard anymore let me know, though I don't think she'll care.

Pokemon: 16

2x Pikachu EX

4x Pikachu (Nuzzle)

2x Raichu (Circle Circuit)

2x Raichu (Thunderclap Shot)

2x Magnezone-line (Magnetic Circuit)

Energy: 14x Electric. Flash Energy's meh, and DCEs don't serve much purpose in a deck powered by Magnezone. Besides, basics are much more consistent here. Searchable and retrievable very easily.

So now we come down to 30 Trainers, of which I have yet to fully grasp. So far though:

2x Sycamore

2x Wally (that turn-1 evo)

2x Pokemon Fan Club

1x Pokemon Center Lady

3x Professor Birch

2x Clemont

3x Energy Retrieval (Electric retrieval)

2x Superior Energy Retrieval

2x Ultra Ball

2x Professor's Letter

3x VS Seeker

2x Evosoda

2x Rare Candy

2x Fighting Fury Belt (Pikachu-EX will need the HP).

That's first draft. Any glaring improvements? I've tried to give her a deck that can seek out her key cards and then search/recycle energy for Pikachu-EX's big hit, but for budget sake I also tried to throw in some Raichu support. Besides, if Raichu takes the early hits it's not a 2-prize weakness.

I dont see this being viable personally, as garchomp decks are quite common and will shred it. without a ffb pikachu ex is 1hkoed by chomps first attack, and at 320 base on pika ex due to weakness on its anti ex move? yes.

Flash energy or weakness policy are needed, due to all the cards weak to fighting. the deck is also got too much basic energy- 14 is way too much.

im afraid the draw power is poor too. same with overal damage. add a few raikou.

remove the retrivals, they are not needed with clemont being used

So -8 electric, +4 flash, +4 draw power (suggested card?)?

How does Clemont make retrievals useless? If I recall, Clemont gets them from Deck, but Pikachu-EX discards and retrievals help him get them back so that I can re-use them.

As for Garchomp, the deck's for my wife. She's primarily going to be facing me and the people at the local card shop. This won't be online.

I have no idea what Raikou does.

So -8 electric, +4 flash, +4 draw power (suggested card?)?

How does Clemont make retrievals useless? If I recall, Clemont gets them from Deck, but Pikachu-EX discards and retrievals help him get them back so that I can re-use them.

As for Garchomp, the deck's for my wife. She's primarily going to be facing me and the people at the local card shop. This won't be online.

I have no idea what Raikou does.

1st off you have no way unless im missing something of getting magnazone out.... you need at least magnemite to get it out. So since you have a current list up heres my 2 cents.

In my opinion, Raichu thunderclap shot, is somewhat weak, I would suggest replacing one with a raichu break as somewhat of a last minute hit with what 180 damage? Also I would say just add 2 Flash energy, and 2 N, cut out all of the birch and add another vs seeker, add some fisherman, cut superior energy retreival (not standard) and energy retreival imo (fisherman covers you for that) or if you want to put in into your deck for a clemont, use energy recycler, add a raikou (big damage and has a good defense with its ability) and you should be good xD

Sorry for it being so messy, ill try to update when i have some time, good luck

1st off you have no way unless im missing something of getting magnazone out.... you need at least magnemite to get it out. So since you have a current list up heres my 2 cents.

In my opinion, Raichu thunderclap shot, is somewhat weak, I would suggest replacing one with a raichu break as somewhat of a last minute hit with what 180 damage? Also I would say just add 2 Flash energy, and 2 N, cut out all of the birch and add another vs seeker, add some fisherman, cut superior energy retreival (not standard) and energy retreival imo (fisherman covers you for that) or if you want to put in into your deck for a clemont, use energy recycler, add a raikou (big damage and has a good defense with its ability) and you should be good xD

Sorry for it being so messy, ill try to update when i have some time, good luck

As for getting Magnezone out, I mentioned 2x Magnezone-line. The "line" part was to refer to the whole chain, from Magnemite up to Magnezone. Hence the 16 Pokemon count, 10 before them and then 2 of each.

That said, I look forward to the cleaned-up version of this post you mentioned.

In general, try and run a 2-1-2 or 3-1-3 with Stage 2s and use Rare Candy to evolve fast. Evosoda is meh, and IMO using Flash Energy is asking for trouble. It does not count as Lightning Energy in your hand, so Magnezone can't accelerate it. And yes, Superior Energy Retrieval is not Standard, so that will have to go.

Alright, I was thinking Flash Energy was pointless since this deck has fragile Pokemon anyway.

So if no SER, I'll replace them with Fisherman. That way my wife can dump 4 energy for Pikachu EX to do 200 and then get them back next turn.

So according to you, I should probably drop the Evosoda for extra Rare Candies to get Magnezone out more? I guess if she already has both Zones out she can always use them as Ultra Ball sacrifices.

Alright, I was thinking Flash Energy was pointless since this deck has fragile Pokemon anyway.

So if no SER, I'll replace them with Fisherman. That way my wife can dump 4 energy for Pikachu EX to do 200 and then get them back next turn.

So according to you, I should probably drop the Evosoda for extra Rare Candies to get Magnezone out more? I guess if she already has both Zones out she can always use them as Ultra Ball sacrifices.

Yes, any deck with Stage 2s (Except Greninja due to Water Duplicates) should run reduced Stage 1s compared to the others and several Rare Candies. Fisherman is perfect. Oh, and if you need more support, look up the BREAKthrough Raikou, which is one mentioned earlier.

Yeah definitely include some Raikous. And maybe include some energy pouches to retrieve all the energy once the raikous die (megaphone is out of standard so discarding tools is not easy now).

Though to be fair, you'll probably find Raikou doing most of the work.... He's that awesome.

Archived