Can you buy the basic Yellow, Blue, Red, Green decks somewhere?

neilmullinger

As in real cards? My daughter would really like them and enjoys playing them online but I have never seen them for sale anywhere. Any help appreciated!

No you can't. Those decks don't exists in real life at all. That means if you missed the HGSS and BW ones, you miss them forever (unless the devs released them as a bundle or something but I doubt they will do that).

No. The cards can still be gotten (you just need to be rich). The BASIC DECKS however, if you missed them, are gone for good.

There's also Power Relay (Rallying Cry's predecessor), an absolutely wicked theme deck back in the BW days. Again, if you missed that, you'll never be able to get it.

Kinda sad as I really want the HGSS Basic decks but meh.... I won't count on their return.

Those theme decks exist in real life so yes, you can get them if you didn't buy them from the shop. You'll need to find a physical copy/code though. Maybe in E-something?

The cards in those three just got rotated out. Same reason why Dark Hammer and stuff are gone. Dunno why they had to remove stuff after every rotation (I would pay 500 for a triumphant honestly). You can still buy the real-life ones and redeem the codes to unlock them in-game that way.

Aww...the filter doesn't allow it huh?

Thanks.
I mean, all three of the decks were available before the rotation in the online store.

Nope. They haven't added back Gears of Fire and Ring of Lightning cuz Ninja Boy is still not fixed yet.

Basically, they removed anything that's rotated out.

No...  That's not really how rotations work.  Imagine it not as a circle, but as a spiral.  It will keep generating new stuff until someone decides to stop it, and even then it won't go back to the beginning.

Only in the Wednesday bundles. So better save up some tokens. The last rotated theme deck was sold in a bundle that costed over 1000 tokens.

Only in the Wednesday bundles. So better save up some tokens. The last rotated theme deck was sold in a bundle that costed over 1000 tokens.

I can see it now... "Dark Hammer = 1500 Tokens". Good thing I got one. But maybe will be good for those who didn't. Honestly, I would pay that if I didn't have it. But, it's probably the only one they removed I would pay that.

There's also Power Relay (Rallying Cry's predecessor), an absolutely wicked theme deck back in the BW days. Again, if you missed that, you'll never be able to get it.

There are codes to get Power Relay.  They were handed out at PAX East and maybe US Nationals.  Some people picked up a bunch of them and are selling them online.

Archived