Is there a way I can block the chat?

badluckfairy

Is there a way I can block the chat in verses? 

Bored with the many immature people who either rage at me when I'm winning, or start gloating when they're winning.

yep. If you can go to pokemon.com and log in-> edit profile, you can pick the ptcg online settings and change to restricted, open or custom.

Over there you can select exactly what level of messages you want to allow (none, pre-fed messages-> i forgot what they were called, or all messages including typed ones)

Dont block the chat.

Some people like me need chat to beg for help in accomplish daily or special challenge.

Why cant u just ignored those immature peoples rarher than blocking chat.

Dont block the chat.

Some people like me need chat to beg for help in accomplish daily or special challenge.

It is entirely the player's decision as to whether they want to block or not.  If you have counter-arguments, please presents them as opinions or suggestions, not as complaints.  While I have never had any real problems with interplayer conversations, apparently some have, and they have the right to do with it as they will.

Hi guys! 

You can ignore individual players in game by clicking on the icon next to their name in chat, then clicking "Block and Ignore Player" (the circle with the line through it). 

Additionally, if you feel that a player has violated the Terms of Use or is acting inappropriately, you can report that player by clicking Report Player (the red icon) in the same menu. 

If the chat is not available, you can still find a list of players in-game by clicking the friends menu, then clicking the drop down menu to show "Lobby". Once you have the list of players up, you can block or report the same way as you would in chat. 

Is there a way I can block the chat in verses?

Bored with the many immature people who either rage at me when I'm winning, or start gloating when they're winning.

I completely understand where you are coming from. As stated above, from Pokemon.com choose "Pokemon TCG Online Settings" then changee your account to "Limited" then choose "Details." From there change "Game Chat" to "Closed." Using a limited account you can keep all of the benefits you want and just lose the toxic players.

Dont block the chat.

Having a pleasant game environment is more important than helping you complete challenges.

Hi guys!

You can ignore individual players in game by clicking on the icon next to their name in chat, then clicking "Block and Ignore Player" (the circle with the line through it).

Additionally, if you feel that a player has violated the Terms of Use or is acting inappropriately, you can report that player by clicking Report Player (the red icon) in the same menu.

If the chat is not available, you can still find a list of players in-game by clicking the friends menu, then clicking the drop down menu to show "Lobby". Once you have the list of players up, you can block or report the same way as you would in chat.

Suggesting they block users after they have already accepted the ***** from those users is a terrible suggestion. It won't improve their play experience whatsoever. It's also not a reasonable suggestion to ignore every person you play against. That's just tedious.

It is good to get the information out there for everyone else though on how to report toxic players.

Archived