Abusing the system

Devilhahalo

Player Name / IGN :
- [Edited by Mod_Turtle: Naming of players when referring to a dispute is not allowed on the forums]

Problem :

- His deck only has 2 Pokemon (not gonna say the names in fear of somebody else will copy), so in order for him to get those pokemon to start the duel, he mulligan more than 10 times.

Wasting time and energy clicking the "Done" button.
This is clearly abusing the system since there is no default win if you mulligan more than a number of times.
From my point of view, this method almost guarantee his win because his starting pokemon will always be a powerful one (of his choice) and his hand is full of trainer and energy cards which can give him multiple options.
True, some situations can counter this method but in my case, i lost due to the cards i needed to counter him are all in the Prize Card.

IMO
i think this issue needs some fixing (FAST) because
not only its annoying fighting that type of opponent
but it ruins the game for other players

i'll admit, i'm a bit salty because not only the opponent abused the system, he wasted my time and energy, and the cards i needed to counter him are Prize Cards (Coincidence much?)

PS:
i have a screenshot but i don't know how to post the image 

Hello Devilhahalo,

If you ever feel the need to report a player for any reason, please use the in-game player report feature. If you have screenshots to share, you can open a more detailed player report by opening a support ticket. You can find a link to the support portal in my signature.

I really don't think it's abusing the system. I won't argue whether it's annoying to watch someone mulligan ten times, especially if they go first and immediately N or Red Card all your extra cards away, but if being annoying was against the rules, every Meta deck would get banned.

There isn't a Pokemon in the game that pulling it on the first turn guarantees a win.

I really don't think it's abusing the system. I won't argue whether it's annoying to watch someone mulligan ten times, especially if they go first and immediately N or Red Card all your extra cards away, but if being annoying was against the rules, every Meta deck would get banned.

There isn't a Pokemon in the game that pulling it on the first turn guarantees a win.

"I won't argue whether it's annoying to watch someone mulligan ten times, especially if they go first and immediately N or Red Card all your extra cards away,"

131. "Player" drew a card.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's from the log

Read the number

Guess how many times he mulligan

"There isn't a Pokemon in the game that pulling it on the first turn guarantees a win."

- I said "almost" guarantee. As i said, there are multiple ways to counter this method but having to face an opponent like this is super dumb and annoying.

"but if being annoying was against the rules, every Meta deck would get banned."

- Look, i get what you are saying but if its a new strategy or a perfect combo, i would not mind but imagine every player copy this type of deck, every duel starts off with time wasting mulligan.

Dude,

I play 

The Elder Scrolls Legends, Hearthstone, and also MTG both online and with real cards so i understand Meta decks but what i don't get is abusing  the system to gain an advantage

In the nutshell

its all about gaining an advantage by abusing the system

that's all

why is it so hard to play normally?

why have the need to find some loop hole some bug to exploit just to get an advantage against the opponent

as i previously said, 

I'm a bit salty since i lose to him

maybe 

after a day or two

this thing won't even matter to me

"I won't argue whether it's annoying to watch someone mulligan ten times, especially if they go first and immediately N or Red Card all your extra cards away,"

131. "Player" drew a card.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's from the log

Read the number

Guess how many times he mulligan

"There isn't a Pokemon in the game that pulling it on the first turn guarantees a win."

- I said "almost" guarantee. As i said, there are multiple ways to counter this method but having to face an opponent like this is super dumb and annoying.

"but if being annoying was against the rules, every Meta deck would get banned."

- Look, i get what you are saying but if its a new strategy or a perfect combo, i would not mind but imagine every player copy this type of deck, every duel starts off with time wasting mulligan.

Dude,

I play 

The Elder Scrolls Legends, Hearthstone, and also MTG both online and with real cards so i understand Meta decks but what i don't get is abusing  the system to gain an advantage

In the nutshell

its all about gaining an advantage by abusing the system

that's all

why is it so hard to play normally?

why have the need to find some loop hole some bug to exploit just to get an advantage against the opponent

as i previously said, 

I'm a bit salty since i lose to him

maybe 

after a day or two

this thing won't even matter to me

There literally is nothing in the rules that makes that abusing the system.  Decks with only 2 basic Pokemon are extremely uncompetitive, so they are rarely used.

There literally is nothing in the rules that makes that abusing the system. Decks with only 2 basic Pokemon are extremely uncompetitive, so they are rarely used.

And they are very risky anyway. A long time ago I went up against someone with probably only 1 rebirth Ho-oh EX in his deck. Well, too bad for him. My active was Safeguard Suicune.

Im going to bet this was a damage change mewtwo deck with 4 centre ladies 4 super potions 4 potions 4 max potions and the rest are energy accelerating cards

There are so many decks that use this strategy and I think it is a smart deck. I used to encounter a swampert-ex deck that have 51 energy and only 4 swampert. That is not a bad deck because it is a final of 24 tickets tournament. The heatmor deck used to function the same as well, and also wobbuffet-M groudon-maxie version

My favorit and fun deck (Unlimited) has 3 basic Voltorb.

Wining about 80% of battles with it...

The only rules is that you need 1 basic pokemon in the deck.

The player just have a special design deck, No problem in that...

Archived