Starter Deck for beginners

JavinKulit

Guys, i need your help in deciding what starter deck to buy? I'm currently new and been playing this game for 2 wks. I want to play in standard format so that i can lvl up faster and get more rewards.

Thanks...

Hmm, but rewards for Standard and Expanded in VS Ladder are the same, aren't they?

I have tried any of those yet since I just started this game and doing trainer challenges only. If they are the same then it is ok. I just want to play standard vs and build a deck but i have not yet buy a good theme deck from shop. Any tips what should i buy for beginners to build up a good deck?

There are two type of Theme decks. Those that are "good" to play it (always as theme decks, which are actually never very good but some are still playable) and those whom you can use to build custom decks.

As for examples, Dark hammer used to be he best theme deck out there. Also the Iron tide theme deck was quite good. And the Sky guardian theme deck seems not bad at all. Others just are bad or too much focused only in one powerful pokémon which use to be a Stage 2 and only one card is included so, very hard to set up and accompanied with a ton of low HP basic and useless Stage one (like Storm rider for example).

The Theme perfect to build custom decks are decks like Wave slasher (comes with the core to build a Greninja BREAK deck), or Resilient life (now rotated) which came with the idea and some very interesting cards to build nice Fairy decks: Xerneas, Aromatisse, Fairy garden, (also Slurpuff)... just missing some BREAK or EX to hit hard and you had a powerful deck.

Of course in any Theme come some interesting pokémon and still more interesting or even staple Trainer cards like Sycamore, Prof letter, Wally, Fairy Garden and other stadiums, Ultraball... Those are always good to get from Theme decks as you get it "for free" with the game coins and will help you a lot to have a nice collection to build custom decks later so I would try to get any of them available (also if you like to collect, to have it of course).

To play, lately the XY Basic blue and XY Basic green are the most played decks in Theme as they come with some more trainers than the manufactured ones. Those (and the Basic red) are free in the game and you can play it against other players (VS and torunaments) once you win to 7 trainers in the Trainers challenge.

Sorry I can't split hairs more about what deck choose first because there has been a lot of time since I don't play Theme.

There are two type of Theme decks. Those that are "good" to play it (always as theme decks, which are actually never very good but some are still playable) and those whom you can use to build custom decks.

As for examples, Dark hammer used to be he best theme deck out there. Also the Iron tide theme deck was quite good. And the Sky guardian theme deck seems not bad at all. Others just are bad or too much focused only in one powerful pokémon which use to be a Stage 2 and only one card is included so, very hard to set up and accompanied with a ton of low HP basic and useless Stage one (like Storm rider for example).

The Theme perfect to build custom decks are decks like Wave slasher (comes with the core to build a Greninja BREAK deck), or Resilient life (now rotated) which came with the idea and some very interesting cards to build nice Fairy decks: Xerneas, Aromatisse, Fairy garden, (also Slurpuff)... just missing some BREAK or EX to hit hard and you had a powerful deck.

Of course in any Theme come some interesting pokémon and still more interesting or even staple Trainer cards like Sycamore, Prof letter, Wally, Fairy Garden and other stadiums, Ultraball... Those are always good to get from Theme decks as you get it "for free" with the game coins and will help you a lot to have a nice collection to build custom decks later so I would try to get any of them available (also if you like to collect, to have it of course).

To play, lately the XY Basic blue and XY Basic green are the most played decks in Theme as they come with some more trainers than the manufactured ones. Those (and the Basic red) are free in the game and you can play it against other players (VS and torunaments) once you win to 7 trainers in the Trainers challenge.

Sorry I can't split hairs more about what deck choose first because there has been a lot of time since I don't play Theme.

Thank you very much for the information. I have some tokens with could buy a theme deck and will check on some of the decks in the shop unfortunately dark hammer was already gone in the shop.

Archived