PolloPerro

What's the deal with this Spiritomb? (confirmed bug)

PolloPerro

I posted this in the game feedback section originally, where I was told that this in fact a bug related to the card, so I have reposted it here..

So I played a game against this guy that was running a Spiritomb in his deck... But it was unlike any other card I had ever seen before. Basically it had an ability that allowed it to move damage counters from the enemies pokemon to other pokemon as many times as it wanted, even if the counters they moved onto a pokemon knocked it out, they would still be able to move damage counters from that knocked out pokemon to other pokemon as long as they stayed in the moves interface. This allowed them to kill most of my entire bench of basic pokemon, aswell as severely damage my active pokemon, simply because I switched out one of my more damaged pokemon (it had 100 damage on it)... ultimately causing me to lose the match.. With 1 move... Which begs the question; why can you move damage counters from pokemon that have already been knocked out by the move? He literally just moved 70 damage counters to my clefairy, it died, then he moved the counters from the clefairy to my buneary until it died, and so on and so forth until pretty much everything was dead... I feel like a move this powerful should at least have a higher cost, seeing as the swing potential it has in 1 turn it can wipe your whole bench if you're not careful and have more than 1 damaged pokemon on your bench/active or just have a high hp pokemon with a lot of damage counters on it OR just don't know how the move even works... Like I did.

I feel like the move should at least be changed so when you move the damage counters to a pokemon and it knocks out that pokemon, the pokemon gets moved to the discard pile and you lose those counters.... Instead of just destroying an entire team simply because your opponent let their pokemon get damaged to a decent amount without it getting knocked out, and you switch in your spiritomb while you have initiative (you switch out your active pokemon, your active pokemon dies, etc...) and just slap a couple energy on it if you haven't already (which is pretty easy to do by the way, since it has a 1 * energy sleep move) before your enemy has time to kill it, and just start sweeping... Maybe if it was on an EX card for a bit higher of a cost/risk I would understand but the way it is now just seems unfair. I've searched all over Google for the card that I am referencing and I was unable to find it which means the copy that I am talking about probably only exists in game and changing it would be a simple matter... So please, don't ruin my desire to play this game... Fix Spiritomb.

Mod_Rowan

Thank you for your feedback.

I can understand your frustration. I'd suggest that you send a ticket into the support team so they can investigate this matter further. To submit a ticket, simply click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question".

Thank you for your patience and I do hope the support team will help you soon!

PrideNProbopass

This is a huge bug. The most groundbreaking I've seen or heard of since Shiftry, except Shiftry wasn't a bug. I can only pray that I don't end up facing someone patient enough to use this exploit. 

graywh

I wonder if Meowstic FLF (it has an attack Ear Influence similar to Spritomb STS's Damage Play) is similarly bugged.

Sneasel-God

I wonder if Meowstic FLF (it has an attack Ear Influence similar to Spritomb STS's Damage Play) is similarly bugged.

When the servers are back up i will test that theory with my wife in a friend match and post back here for confirmation.

Sneasel-God

*Update* Just got done testing it and with meowstic it will do the animation of each pokemon getting knocked out, but when i end my turn it resets them all and leaves the final pokemon i left the counters on with the damage.