I just got scammed hardcore

ChuckyNorriz

Hello everyone,

i am really shocked, someone hacked into my account with my login Data and Traded away ALL my stuff ( Codes and packs i bought ).

I have the ingame Name of the guy in my Trade History, and it is an obvious Scam Trade (like 90 Packs and some themedacks for a common Card)

Is there any way i can report this and get my stuff back??

I am desolated, and don't know what to do..... any help appreciated-

Thanks for help in advance

Send a ticket to the support team explaining the situation, and include screenshots. There have been multiple occurrences of account compromising in the past week and a half, so it seems plausible that this happened to you.

So another caution for all the guys that are watching videos online to get code cards. That guy's name is mudkip something and he lured to click on a link that will transfer to a page that looks like pokemon login page. Make sure that you don't type in your password. I have felt something fishy when I clicked on that and immediately changed my password so my account is safe.

So another caution for all the guys that are watching videos online to get code cards. That guy's name is mudkip something and he lured to click on a link that will transfer to a page that looks like pokemon login page. Make sure that you don't type in your password. I have felt something fishy when I clicked on that and immediately changed my password so my account is safe.

My situation was the same, but I was hacked by someone with Lexi in their name. I would assume that this "Lexi" is mudkips alt account that he uses just to not popularize his main accounts name too much.

This happened to me just with some other account I had one plain VOLCANION ex at the time and someone hacked me after that though I went on a journey for steam seige packs WHEN THEY WERE DARN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO GET luckily some of my friends felt sorry for me gave me one steam seige pack opened them both I got a holo out of both of them. I was devastated and started to collect tickets then I won 3rd place got 2 packs since i faced off with hackers and opened them both and got a yveltal break after that , I traded it away and got 2 MORE steam seige packs then bought one from the in game store insanely I PULLED BOTH OF THE SECRET RARES AND GOT AN EVEN BETTER VOLCANION EX! I hope that's what will happen to you though

And I've been hacked other times too lost 32 packs saving for an ultra ball sad those were taken away... well if your interested go look at my 2 posts about the new set coming out!

This happened to me just with some other account I had one plain VOLCANION ex at the time and someone hacked me after that though I went on a journey for steam seige packs WHEN THEY WERE DARN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO GET luckily some of my friends felt sorry for me gave me one steam seige pack opened them both I got a holo out of both of them. I was devastated and started to collect tickets then I won 3rd place got 2 packs since i faced off with hackers and opened them both and got a yveltal break after that , I traded it away and got 2 MORE steam seige packs then bought one from the in game store insanely I PULLED BOTH OF THE SECRET RARES AND GOT AN EVEN BETTER VOLCANION EX! I hope that's what will happen to you though

How were these people hackers?

How were these people hackers?

Because anyone with good cards and a good deck strategy must either steal their cards or hack the game to get good draws, of course. 

lol this post is totally ****** up, i don't understand how ya'll got hacked, the simple security obvious steps ,like keeping your password to yourself (duh) and not being so generous and accepting every file offered for you from the internet, would have your account safe for years. even if the servers got hacked and somehow "real hackers" stole trainer accounts infos, the chance of you being a chosen account would be like 1 to thousands.

GaNaSh,

The user "YouGotMudkipped" would post a link in his ******* videos advertising free codes. This is a phising site that looks almost identical to the pokemon login page, and asks you to sign in. It's a very smart scam, since people don't think to check the URL when they sign into their pokemon trainer club account. People who don't keep their username/password saved on the computer just think that they're logging into the forums, and within minutes all of their cards are gone.

GaNaSh,

The user "[Redacted]" would post a link in his ******* videos advertising free codes. This is a phising site that looks almost identical to the pokemon login page, and asks you to sign in. It's a very smart scam, since people don't think to check the URL when they sign into their pokemon trainer club account. People who don't keep their username/password saved on the computer just think that they're logging into the forums, and within minutes all of their cards are gone.

The forums rules prohibit calling out players by name, so I would advise to remove the name from your post. Said user has been mentioned before by a victim of the phishing, as well as another user with "Lexi" in their name.

The forums rules prohibit calling out players by name, so I would advise to remove the name from your post. Said user has been mentioned before by a victim of the phishing, as well as another user with "Lexi" in their name.

I've heard this mentioned a couple times, about not using "names" according to the EULA.

But both Mudkip (something) and Lexi (something) are user names from Google's video site. It doesn't matter if they have Pokemon accounts, because we're talking about Google users. People have a right to know.  I would think we should be allowed to shout it from the rooftops.

Y'know, I can see how this happens to the unwary. What I don't understand is how they plan to get away with it in the long run. All of these virtual trades are logged. It's not like cash, or a physical product.  Even if they trade from one account to another, to another (after they steal them), TPCi should be able to follow. Anyone participating should be easily caught.

Unless of course, they're counting on the staff here being incompetent. That's a scary thought. Are they?

I've heard this mentioned a couple times, about not using "names" according to the EULA.

But both Mudkip (something) and Lexi (something) are user names from Google's video site. It doesn't matter if they have Pokemon accounts, because we're talking about Google users. People have a right to know.  I would think we should be allowed to shout it from the rooftops.

Y'know, I can see how this happens to the unwary. What I don't understand is how they plan to get away with it in the long run. All of these virtual trades are logged. It's not like cash, or a physical product.  Even if they trade from one account to another, to another (after they steal them), TPCi should be able to follow. Anyone participating should be easily caught.

Unless of course, they're counting on the staff here being incompetent. That's a scary thought. Are they?

About your ending note, I received word back from the support team and they are unable to do anything, ANYTHING, about my case. All of my cards that this user stole from me are permanently gone and they will NOT reverse the trades, as it is my fault that I fell for the fake login screen gimmick as EB95 mentioned. So, unfortunately, this hacker will get to keep all of my cards and all of everyone else's cards they hacked.

About your ending note, I received word back from the support team and they are unable to do anything, ANYTHING, about my case. All of my cards that this user stole from me are permanently gone and they will NOT reverse the trades, as it is my fault that I fell for the fake login screen gimmick as EB95 mentioned. So, unfortunately, this hacker will get to keep all of my cards and all of everyone else's cards they hacked.

*face palm* WOW support team.

Honestly, I call bull excrement.. If that's how they deal with phishing victims im surprised it hasnt become more of a thing.

You would only have to change your password/email if you entered it. Just visiting the page will not steal your info. If you meant you entered it. They will still have your email and you should change the password to that as well (possibly might want to go as far as changing the email on your account). As that makes you a potential target through other methods still.

Edit: Also, maybe the support team is not helping these players because of the way they came into getting hacked. I see that people are saying he is doing this through videos on how to get free packs/codes. Which unless it is given free of charge or in exchange for other in-game items, TPCi prohibits. And this person(s) most likely knows that and thats why hes pulling his scam the way he is... 

They scammed people dude so let it be known far and wide. 

Bumping this post so people see. Any victims should leave updates if they hear new stuff from support. 

They scammed people dude so let it be known far and wide. 

Bumping this post so people see. Any victims should leave updates if they hear new stuff from support. 

So far there have been 2 responses from support saying "tough luck", and one response from Alex Leary himself saying that they don't reverse trades, period.

Because anyone with good cards and a good deck strategy must either steal their cards or hack the game to get good draws, of course. 

That's a very good point, in that case I know A LOT of hackers. ;)

So I can only guess whats going to happen

TCPi is going to assume that phishing is not a thing or if it is its OUR fault for not recognizing this, hence the hackers are playing on the fact the the support team does nothing anyway getting to keep all of their cards.

Maybe an investigation will be opened to find the site and shut it down as fast as possible, maybe they wil just ban the hackers account loosing all cards anyway, and maybe they will just loose business because they couldn't care less

Funny to think they were so fast in taking action to ban every account that exploited that code glitch a few months ago but since its not affecting their profits they wont even point their nose towards this "incident"

man , that a shame for you tretormud , and all others..

i just don't understand why they say , they can't reverse the trade..

if its the 2 same guys , they can look history trade and reverse the trade..

good luck all people who get hacked :(

How were these people hackers?[/the hackers literally just had hacked there coin and one told me the trick I do not use this trick because it's cheating he hacked his deck for any card he wants to draw say he said he wanted his "secret rare VOLCANION ex" and got it right off the bat.

How were these people hackers?[/the hackers literally just had hacked there coin and one told me the trick I do not use this trick because it's cheating he hacked his deck for any card he wants to draw say he said he wanted his "secret rare VOLCANION ex" and got it right off the bat.

Well, I've seen and had some hella good top decks and that sounds like something with poke dex or Swampert but idk. As far as I know it is near impossible to hack this game.

So I can only guess whats going to happen

TCPi is going to assume that phishing is not a thing or if it is its OUR fault for not recognizing this, hence the hackers are playing on the fact the the support team does nothing anyway getting to keep all of their cards.

Maybe an investigation will be opened to find the site and shut it down as fast as possible, maybe they wil just ban the hackers account loosing all cards anyway, and maybe they will just loose business because they couldn't care less

Funny to think they were so fast in taking action to ban every account that exploited that code glitch a few months ago but since its not affecting their profits they wont even point their nose towards this "incident"

I hope they do something at least. I mean sure, close pokevision, but don't do anything the people who are clearly violating ToS. I mean is there any explanation they could even make within the bounds of ToS? Buying accounts, buying cards, phishing, all of them are against it, so i feel they should get the ban hammer.

And if a lot of people got their cards taken by the same guy, it's clear that they all got phished by him (what are the odds of him getting all their accounts on the same day?) so i feel they should reverse (or at least return the cards in the locked version- if they smell something fishy going on)

Archived