Need Help With Machamp vs. Zygarde!

LordCharizardX

With rotation imminent and the loss of Korrina and Compressor assured, I chose to switch to Zygarde-EX over Machamp-EX as my main attacker as he's more energy efficient with regards to combat, and also has self-healing, but Machamp is still here, he does do lulzy things with Steaming Mad and Ninja Boy, :P

But I'' having trouble working out a list for him, I have Shaymin, Zygarde and Carbink BREAK (cause we also lost Landorus) as must haves, with Machamp as backup. Here's what I'm running so far:

Machamp 5.0:

Pokemon: 12

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106/108

2 Machamp-EX AOR 90/98

3 Zygarde-EX XY151

3 Carbink FCO 50/124

2 Carbink BREAK FCO 51/124

Items:21

4 VS Seeker PHF 109/119

4 Ultra Ball FCO 113/124

4 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99/122

3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92/108

2 Heavy Ball BKT 140/162

1 Energy Retrieval AOR 99/98

1 Escape Rope PRC 127/160

1 Professor's Letter BKT 146/162

1 Super Rod BKT 149/162

1 Switch PRC 163/160

Supporters:12

4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107/122

2 Lysandre AOR 78/98

1 Hex Maniac AOR 75/98

1 N FCO 105/124

1 Ninja Boy STM 103/114

1 Pokemon Center Lady FLA 105/106

1 Pokemon Ranger STM 104/114

1 Skyla BKP 122/122

Stadiums:3

2 Scorched Earth FCO 110/124

1 Parallel City BKT 145/162

Energy:11

7 Fighting Energy GEN 80/83

4 Strong Energy FCO 115/124

Is there any way to maximize the deck? I'm just not seeing it, yes without Korrina/Compressor it's nowhere as fast, so I added a second Shaymin, switched an N for a 4th Sycamore and raised Ultra Ball to 4. All to a) help dig out my Pokes faster (as well as Heavy Ball for emergency) and B) as additional discard outlets to help feed energy to Carbink BREAK.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

How is your deck working out for you? I've been away from the forum and apologize for my tardy interaction for this topic.

I run 4 Zygarde-EX, 4-3 Carbink (FCO50)/CarbinkBREAK, 2-2 Octillary. My energy choices are the same as yours. I've been real happy with the performance of my deck.

With a lot of One-Of cards in your deck, consistency will be a challenge. I found that my deck works better with more N than Sycamore and Heavy Balls aren't necessary. My STM supporters are just 2 NB. FFB doesn't provide support to the Carbink when the Break goes on so you might consider 3 and adding a Float Stone. My preference for stadiums is different, but since they enhance your playing style, you might want to consider a 4th one to be competitive in the stadium war. After the match is going, energy brought from the discard to your cards in play is best from the Carbink Break so Super Rod and Energy Retrieval cards can be changed to something else. Professor's Letter and Max Elixir are worth looking into.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy playing Zybink as much as I am.

You might also want to consider Power Memory to take out really big HP opponents. Carbink just brings the energy right back. Or a Regirock or two for even more overkill.

How is your deck working out for you? I've been away from the forum and apologize for my tardy interaction for this topic.

I run 4 Zygarde-EX, 4-3 Carbink (FCO50)/CarbinkBREAK, 2-2 Octillary. My energy choices are the same as yours. I've been real happy with the performance of my deck.

With a lot of One-Of cards in your deck, consistency will be a challenge. I found that my deck works better with more N than Sycamore and Heavy Balls aren't necessary. My STM supporters are just 2 NB. FFB doesn't provide support to the Carbink when the Break goes on so you might consider 3 and adding a Float Stone. My preference for stadiums is different, but since they enhance your playing style, you might want to consider a 4th one to be competitive in the stadium war. After the match is going, energy brought from the discard to your cards in play is best from the Carbink Break so Super Rod and Energy Retrieval cards can be changed to something else. Professor's Letter and Max Elixir are worth looking into.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy playing Zybink as much as I am.

I actually did post it in the "Zygarde-EX is crazy!" Thread if you want to check it out, :)

You might also want to consider Power Memory to take out really big HP opponents. Carbink just brings the energy right back. Or a Regirock or two for even more overkill.

When I first started playing, I ran with Power Memory and Regirock. I also tried a few less pure ideas like Mr Mime Bench Barrier, Carbink Energy Keeper, and Marowak Bodyguard. Between my inexperience and lack of draw support, I was getting squished soundly and often. Maybe my egg got scrambled too many times, but I just couldn't keep up with all the moving parts so I simplified. Economics chose Octillary, over Shaymin-EX, as my draw support. I also decided to make the bulk of my deck rotation ready. I enjoy Silent Lab support to prevent Shaymin-EX, Hoopa-EX, and Regirock-EX abilities plus Delinquent to support my Carbink Safeguard if it isn't already BREAK. I am routinely getting my Zygarde-EX powered up and hitting for 150-170 with 230hp, strong enough to 2-hit most cards and beefy enough to withstand most attacks long enough to take out main attackers before loosing mine.

Archived