can we have a no ex mode created

xCrAz3d

title says it all ex are just too cheap to win with and so many ppl are using them i get they were created to make the game go faster but they take away the old fun from the game nowadays its just about which player concedes to give up first once they have nothing else to continue with most matches end after just 2 turns its ridiculous

This has been suggested so many times it is unreal. The problem is that many high-level decks right now are non-EX based. In Legacy you have Weavile/Eggs, in Expanded NM and Tren, in Standard Greninjaflame. So EXs are not broken. I have had to point this out so many times it is unreal. So I will refrain from a rant, and just say with no sugar-coating: You are wrong. If you want to play with a low-tier deck and no EXs, there is Theme mode.

title says it all ex are just too cheap to win with and so many ppl are using them i get they were created to make the game go faster but they take away the old fun from the game nowadays its just about which player concedes to give up first once they have nothing else to continue with most matches end after just 2 turns its ridiculous

its always being suggested for 4 years now, its never going to happen. all exs always have their strength and weaknesses. 

plus even none ex decks take away fun e.g nightmarch 

This has been suggested so many times it is unreal. The problem is that many high-level decks right now are non-EX based. In Legacy you have Weavile/Eggs, in Expanded NM and Tren, in Standard Greninjaflame. So EXs are not broken. I have had to point this out so many times it is unreal. So I will refrain from a rant, and just say with no sugar-coating: You are wrong. If you want to play with a low-tier deck and no EXs, there is Theme mode.

This ^^

I could go and describe why this is simply a bad idea. But I've done it many times, so I won't. I was hoping to never see this topic again.. It has been argued to death. 

It is my opinion that a 'chivalry mode' could be created where cheap/OP cards would not be allowed, but a simple EX ban is not the answer.  A 'chivalry mode' format would be HGSS-on, but without lasers, hammers, locks, Garchomp, Darkrai-EX, etc.  It would be difficult to design properly and would need constant adjustment, but I think it could be done.  The purpose, thought, would not be to eliminate powerful cards but to make a more fun environment.

Archived