[Suggestion] create a real PTCGO ladder

matylda

It would be pretty cool if we have an actual ladder like in Hearthstone or in some other competitive games when players can compete with each other for the top spots.

Even there are some bugs I think many players would appreciate it. I dont think some extra prizes for that would be necessary if there is actually a better match making.

In comparison, the PCTGO ladder is more transparent and useful than the Hearthstone ladder you are in search of.  The PCTGO ladder shows you your exact ranking versus everyone in the world, your region, or your country.  The Hearthstone ladder only tells you where you stand once you hit Legend Rank, and even then it is only your region.

Oh so there is an actual ladder. I had no idea. Btw why is the matchmaking so terrible if there is an actual ladder? And why can not we see it from ingame.

Oh so there is an actual ladder. I had no idea. Btw why is the matchmaking so terrible if there is an actual ladder? And why can not we see it from ingame.

They generally hide the ELO for matchmaking in game for reasons unknown 

On a related note, it is extremely difficult to find yourself on it right now.  Unless I'm missing something, there is no way to search your character, and that means if you're not in the top couple of pages, it'll take ages.  I would love it if the TPCI could implement that feature.  Thanks.

The current ranking system is based on how many games you play and then win not on win percentage over a large amount of games.

ex: If a player plays 2000 games in a month and wins 1000 of them, that player will be ranked higher then a player who plays 1000 games winning 900 of them even though the latter player has a much better win rate.

Archived