Steam Siege not playable in Versus mode?

Trainer-Sandee

Hi everyone  :)

First of all I'm very new to the TCG so I'm sorry if this is common knowledge. I bought my first (physical) theme decks a few days ago, those being the Sky Guardian deck from Fates Collide and the Gears of Fire deck from Steam Siege. I redeemed them in TCGO using the codes and I have been able to use Sky Guardian in the Trainer Challenge and Versus mode, but the game won't let me select Gears of Fire. It's visible with all the other decks, but has a red circle with an X on it. In the Deck Manager, it indicates that it's not a standard deck (or any of the other options, for that matter. It only identifies it as a theme deck).

Strangely, it let me use Gears of Fire in the Trainer Challenge when I first opened TCGO today, despite it not letting me yesterday, and I used it for a few matches there, but the red circle is showing up for it on the Trainer Challenge again. The fact that it's only been prevented from use sometimes in the Trainer Challenge is kind of confusing. I wonder if it's a bug?

My first assumption was that Steam Siege is not allowed online yet because it's new. Is anyone having the same issue?

It contains Ninja Boy, a card temporarily banned because of some bug.

I wish they made a mailing list for when they fix it so we don't have to check back every day. Literally the only card from SS I want to use.

The latest Steam Siege decks are not playable because the Ninja Boy card has been ruled too powerful. 

Wrong. Ninja Boy was not ruled too powerful, it is actually victim to a rather serious number of bugs, and is pending a fix.

Thanks for the information, everyone! 

It contains Ninja Boy, a card temporarily banned because of some bug.

I wish they made a mailing list for when they fix it so we don't have to check back every day. Literally the only card from SS I want to use.

They'll hopefully update this post whenever it's been fixed: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/44636-ninja-boy-temporarily-suspended-pending-bug-fix/

Archived