VirGen Deck

FireBird1512

Hey so a while back I was recommended to build a VirGen deck. Since then I stopped playing, until recently and I wanted to know whether it is still worth building anymore. If not could you recommended a deck that is worth building, and if possible leave the deck list in your comment. Thanks for the help.

It is very much worth building in both Expanded and Legacy formats. It is arguably the best deck in either of those, it is just deciding whether you would rather pair it with XY era cards, or HGSS era cards. 

In Legacy, yes. In Expanded, good luck VS Tren and NM. And Darkness is Darkness. So broken even NM can't face it. But in Legacy it is the strongest deck without contest.

It is worth noting that the celebi prime version of the deck is worth making, and is considered best in format. Without celebi, the deck is considered average by some people. There are better decks to build if you only have virizion/genesect. Just to clarify.

I don't have the cards, I'm just thinking what to build. What are some of these better decks you mention, NestW?

Also I don't know what Tren or NM is, theotherguytm.

Firebird, Tren is trevenent decks and NM is night march, one of the strongest standard decks and probably a really strong expanded deck. Night march is known for being fairly cheap, minus the cost of shaymins if you run them(~20 packs each). As for other legacy decks, if you can't afford celebi primes(they are ~30 packs a card) you can build "weaville eggs" deck fairly cheaply. A deck called "toolbox" is really cheap and very effective, you can look into it.

Most of your expense will come from getting trainer cards, but once you do they can go in most decks. One of the best trainer cards, junk arm, costs about 3-4 packs each, and usually people run 3 of them in all decks. They are a must have, imo.

Archived