Want to share an experience, and also ask a question...

Iskoot

So I've just started playing Pokémon TCGO about a week ago. And I've only downloaded it to play because my daughter is interested in playing and buying real cards/decks. I told her to try out the game online to see if she liked it and if so, then maybe we'd buy real items. She's played it a bit and we're having fun, but my question is can we play matches against each other, and if so how?

Didn't want to create another thread about a comeback win I made last night either, so I'll share that here as well. I was playing Mental Might and my opponent was playing XY Basic Lightning. I had nothing really going on. A couple basics, not much energy, and he was able to quickly get a Raichu up running, and had a bunch of draw going on as well. This was my first time playing this deck, and he quickly was able to mow thru my basics. I said GG, but kept playing because I like to play games out win or lose. Even though I didn't have much, I was able to keep drawing, and put some energy on and whittle down the Raichu and kill him before my opponent got all his prize items. Instead of making a damaging Pokemon his active though, he put his Meowth out for some more card draw, (which he didn't need as he was sitting on a hand of like 15+ cards.) So the stall out finally made it some what even, he had 1 prize left, while I had 5. But thru some nice pulls, and some good maneuvering on my part with pokemon and switching cards, I was finally able to get a Ralts, which quickly turned into it's stage 1, and next turn into it's stage 2. Stage 2 Ralts was able to destroy the rest of his pokemon before he could get anything strong enough to kill it because I had energy sitting on my bench and was hitting for 120 a pop. 4 Turns after getting the Stage 2 Ralts, I ended up winning and wondering where this guy went wrong when he should have been able to win the game ages ago.

I share this mostly because it was a nice comeback, but also because I've been seeing the topic on the boards of people conceding when they are behind and think the game is lost. If you always concede though, how will you ever be able to have a comeback?

Nice story, thanks for sharing.

As for playing with your daughter, make her a child account (or if she is 13 or older make another account) and then you can friend each other and play friend battles!

To  elaborate, send her a friend request, which you can do by clicking the people icon thing in-game (your daughter has to accept it), then if you are both online, in your friends list, you should see your daughters username, then if you click on her avatar, you should see an option to battle. 

Yeah I had tried, but none of this was working, but I figured it out. I had to update her "permissions" for her account and then I was able to add her as a friend. Thanks for the help though.

I share this mostly because it was a nice comeback, but also because I've been seeing the topic on the boards of people conceding when they are behind and think the game is lost. If you always concede though, how will you ever be able to have a comeback?

Mostly because they (myself included) want to ladder grind and don't wanna waste 20+ minutes praying for a comeback that might not happen. The time it takes to find and win a few match may even be less than the time it takes to win the current match. And.. well you get next to nothing if you lose.

Just gonna share my experience here. I just played my first standard match (imagine that...). I was using Mienshao Sub + Jolteon. Had a 20+ minute match and what do I get in the end (I won btw)? Only 3 boxes claimed and I land on a claimed box.....

Yeah... It's no wonder people play fast and furious decks with little to no comeback built in and concede as soon as they get a bad hand start.

Archived