TCG Move Info Query: Nido Press: Steam Siege

iGinger

Hello,

This is more a question for playing the TCG rather than TCGO. Nidorino, from the Steam Siege set, has a move called Nido Press which does the following -

Nido Press: 40 damage. If Nidorina is on your Bench, this attack does 40 more damage.

If there are more than one Nidorina on the bench, would this do 40 for each of them, or is it just for one?

I'm pretty sure I seen a video of someone playing the TCGO and their Nidorino did 40, then another 80 for two Nidorina's on the bench.. but I can't find that video any more and it is annoying me to no end - We just wanna play the game legitimately! 

Can anyone answer this?

Hello,

This is more a question for playing the TCG rather than TCGO. Nidorino, from the Steam Siege set, has a move called Nido Press which does the following -

Nido Press: 40 damage. If Nidorina is on your Bench, this attack does 40 more damage.

If there are more than one Nidorina on the bench, would this do 40 for each of them, or is it just for one?

Negative, it would add a maximum of 40 extra damage - unless they issue another errata (as they did for Galvantula) to change the nomenclature similar to:

Nido Press: 40 damage. This attack does 40 more damage for each Nidorina on your bench.

A few other questions from someone completely different:

1. Can Wobbuffet (PhFo) stop Talonflame (StSi) from being played at the start?

2. Does Pokemon Ranger (StSi) allow Volcanion EX (StSi) to attack the turn after using Volcanic Heat?

3. a. Does Pokemon Ranger (StSi) remove Special Conditions caused by an attack, and b. does it remove the effects of Crogunk's (StSi) attack?

4. And if Volcanion EX (StSi) is switched for another Pokemon using Ninja Boy (StSi) after using Volcanic Heat, can the new Pokemon attack?

I think I could guess the answers, but I am just seeking clarification. Thank you.

A few other questions from someone completely different:

1. Can Wobbuffet (PhFo) stop Talonflame (StSi) from being played at the start?

2. Does Pokemon Ranger (StSi) allow Volcanion EX (StSi) to attack the turn after using Volcanic Heat?

3. a. Does Pokemon Ranger (StSi) remove Special Conditions caused by an attack, and b. does it remove the effects of Crogunk's (StSi) attack?

4. And if Volcanion EX (StSi) is switched for another Pokemon using Ninja Boy (StSi) after using Volcanic Heat, can the new Pokemon attack?

I think I could guess the answers, but I am just seeking clarification. Thank you.

1. Since both active Pokemon are played face down before the start of the game, with each opponent having no knowledge of either player's Active Pokemon, Bide Barricade would not effect STS Talonflame being able to use its ability.

2. Yes.

3. It does not remove special conditions, and I don't believe it removes Croagunk's poison buff. It actually may, but the most it would do would be to reduce the Poison damage down to 10/turn. It would not remove the Poison condition however.

4. The new Pokemon cannot attack, as Ninja Boy states that "Any attached cards, damage counters, Special Conditions, turns in play, and any other effects remain on the new Pokémon.", making Volcanic Heat's effect linger.

Archived