LF shaymin ex RA

Simplerainy

I'll give you an indications as to why that might not be enough, having a spare RA Shaymin myself (I happen to dislike the artwork of the FA Sycamore, so I value it at maybe 2 packs because I wouldn't include it in any of my decks - others hold a higher value for sure.)

The following was passed up by me, on a public trade a few weeks ago on the advice of someone saying "no way"
SR Mail (***)
SR Dive Ball (PrC)
SR Enhanced Hammer (PrC)
FA Teammates, Birch, Rocket handiwork, Ranger, Fan Club, Center Lady, Brigette, Lysandre, Giovanni
Head Ringer

This is the attitude of people who have Shaymin-EX - I find that that is offer probably worth it in terms of pack equivalents, but the fear is that any one of these will go out the window with the next expansion and down the line. (Had I been able to negotiate with that person, I probably would have negotated for a few FA supporters be changed or removed in favor of others, but that's a different story.)

FA Sycamore is probably about 12-15 packs, SR Vs Seeker is probably about 6-9 packs. On that alone, Shaymin would be considered "even" but you have to realize that supply and demand is funny - for pack equivalents, they'll tell you Shaymin is about 25-27 RoS packs and that those two that I mentioned are about 19-21.

Just my 2 cents.

And for further proof, there's a post in feedback about the trade community being "abhorrent." I'll leave you with that.

I'll give you an indications as to why that might not be enough, having a spare RA Shaymin myself (I happen to dislike the artwork of the FA Sycamore, so I value it at maybe 2 packs because I wouldn't include it in any of my decks - others hold a higher value for sure.)

The following was passed up by me, on a public trade a few weeks ago on the advice of someone saying "no way"

SR Mail (***)

SR Dive Ball (PrC)

SR Enhanced Hammer (PrC)

FA Teammates, Birch, Rocket handiwork, Ranger, Fan Club, Center Lady, Brigette, Lysandre, Giovanni

Head Ringer

This is the attitude of people who have Shaymin-EX - I find that that is offer probably worth it in terms of pack equivalents, but the fear is that any one of these will go out the window with the next expansion and down the line. (Had I been able to negotiate with that person, I probably would have negotated for a few FA supporters be changed or removed in favor of others, but that's a different story.)

FA Sycamore is probably about 12-15 packs, SR Vs Seeker is probably about 6-9 packs. On that alone, Shaymin would be considered "even" but you have to realize that supply and demand is funny - for pack equivalents, they'll tell you Shaymin is about 25-27 RoS packs and that those two that I mentioned are about 19-21.

Just my 2 cents.

And for further proof, there's a post in feedback about the trade community being "abhorrent." I'll leave you with that.

Lol why would you pass that up. Shaymin-EX prices are going to start dropping in 1-2 weeks.

What makes you think that?

Post-rotation, people are going to be reducing their Shaymin-EX counts in their decks (probably 2 copies will be the new standard). Also AZ is rotating out.

Post-rotation, people are going to be reducing their Shaymin-EX counts in their decks (probably 2 copies will be the new standard). Also AZ is rotating out.

Shaymin is not like jolteon that only can be used in some decks. As long as it doesnt rorate out or there are no better engines, shaymin' price would not drop. Since ultra balls and trainers mail are gonna stay with shaymin until next september, I dont see why people want to sell theirs shaymins (again,unless better engienes are introduced)

Also, I dont see how AZ would affect shaymin's price, yes, it could be used to pick up shaymins but most deck that run shaymins do not run AZ (mega mewtwo, mega requaza for example)And as you said, people need at least TWO shaymins is in their decks to be consistent and I do not think shaymins are that easy to pull from roaring skies so everyone could get two copies of it.

And if shaymin rotates out, its price may even become higher. (Check the price for celebi prime or smeargle[they cant be used in standard nor expanded, but they are not cheap]) Since shaymin is the best card in roaring skies and it would be even harder to get roaring skies packs when it rotates out next September, the supply would be much lower. I dont know how the demand would change...

but shaymin's price would not drop, at least for now.

I've had 9 Shaymin full art and 3 RA go through my hands. Since I only ever used 2 at a time, it was all about beating the market price for me, and also trading for other cards that were easy to flip. A lot of yours aren't. The Generations packs can get you some more traction though.

Archived