Account go hacked. All tradeable cards are gone. What should I do now?

LeChaix

Hey,

when I signed in this afternoon all my trade offers were cancelled and someone took nearly all my tradeable cards in a private trade. While my PC was shut down he took more than 25 Pokemon EX, 10 full art Trainer and 15 booster packs without me accepting it. What should I do? Please help me.

(I apologize for my bad english. English isn't my first language.)

LeChaix

Hey,

when I signed in this afternoon all my trade offers were cancelled and someone [Content Removed - Mod_Jynthu]  took nearly all my tradeable cards in a private trade. While my PC was shut down he took more than 25 Pokemon EX, 10 full art Trainer and 15 booster packs without me accepting it. What should I do? Please help me.

(I apologize for my bad english. English isn't my first language.)

LeChaix

Contact support and with luck you Will get your cards back.

And the player get permanent banned...

Support can track every være on Pokemon TCG Online.

I would definitely delete the players name from your post, as that will only get you in trouble.

But as settlers said, just submit a support ticket. What will likely happen is they will check to make sure the other account that your cards and packs got traded to hadn't logged in from your computer or close vicinity, and if they find that it was in fact a hack and not you trying to double up your cards with a second account, they will return your cards and do whatever disciplinary action they deem necessary to the other account. I would recommend screenshots, and any other proof you might have be included in your ticket, because with no proof (not just you said this), they can't and won't do anything. Claiming a hacker stole everything is a big deal, and won't be taken lightly. So give them evidence.  

Thanks for the advise.

I submitted a support ticket and deleted the name from my post.

I hope you get your cards back.. Remember that you should probably change your password, although i would seriously doubt the safety of your account now. I mean someone knows your username (which i don't think you can change) at least (making it much easier to hack.

Once your cards get returned, i would advise switching to another account to prevent another attack from the same guy

My account just got hacked also. Someone put up a fake link to the Pokemon forums in a video description and I logged in thinking it was legit. It was an exact copy of the PTC login page with all correct outbound links to the legit Pokemon website. I foolishly rushed and logged in quick before realizing the mistake. Quickly changed my password but by the time I got through all my pack and valuable cards were gone.

My account just got hacked also. Someone put up a fake link to the Pokemon forums in a video description and I logged in thinking it was legit. It was an exact copy of the PTC login page with all correct outbound links to the legit Pokemon website. I foolishly rushed and logged in quick before realizing the mistake. Quickly changed my password but by the time I got through all my pack and valuable cards were gone.

Send the link to the Pokemon Support team so they can prosecute the hackers.

I hope you get your cards back.. Remember that you should probably change your password, although i would seriously doubt the safety of your account now. I mean someone knows your username (which i don't think you can change) at least (making it much easier to hack.

Once your cards get returned, i would advise switching to another account to prevent another attack from the same guy

If you change your login username, it won't change your screen name but it will make it harder for a hacker to gain access to your credentials.

If you change your login username, it won't change your screen name but it will make it harder for a hacker to gain access to your credentials.

How does someone do this? All these "My account got hacked" topics in the past few days are starting to make me think mine might get hacked.

How does someone do this? All these "My account got hacked" topics in the past few days are starting to make me think mine might get hacked.

I'd like to rescind my suggestion. After checking again, it is no longer possible to change your login username for some reason. I'm glad I managed to before hacking became a serious threat at least.

I have the same problem, i lost all my cards too, and my mail was changed, i had to create another account because i cant upload a ticket with my original account. Im waiting since yesterday for support. :( i hope recover my packs and cards.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem, i lost all my cards too, and my mail was changed, i had to create another account because i cant upload a ticket with my original account. Im waiting since yesterday for support. :( i hope recover my packs and cards.

You use the same password for both accounts... Never ever use your mail password other places...

Any one hear back from customer support yet? It's been over two weeks and I've only got a "we're happy to investigate" message back the day I made the ticket.

its not hacking if you entered login info on a phony site, its a simple phish.

Jlund was smart enough to observe it right away, most people dont pay attention enough then go around throwing words like hacked out, blaming the company and promise they never visited a bogus site and entered their info, and its not even a hack. lets get real.

I would urge everyone to take notes from how Jlund posted, he messed up, he admitted it, hes not blaming anyone for his mistake and hes asking not demanding for help.

He'll probably get it soon for acting like that.

seriously, if you people want the best support from, well, support. You need to stop giving support **** for what YOU messed up on and do what jlund did and be honest.

You didnt get hacked, you got phished.

Apple, nintendo, xbox, whatever, phished, say it with me.

phished, your fault

hacked, companies fault.

chances you were hacked 0.00001%

chances you were phished 99.99999%

as for the security comment, how can you expect it to be secure when youre GIVING out your login info to the wrong website.

Archived