Well.... Now we are getting Pokemon-GX's as a new archetype.

RogueSpecter

Unlike EX returns, I'm actually kinda hyped for this concept! In case you didn't see the news on the TCG tab, I'll copy over a quick overview of what GX's are:

What Players Need to Know about Pokémon-GX

• A player can use only one GX attack per game. (That's one total, not one per Pokémon-GX!)

• Each Pokémon-GX has a maximum of two attacks in addition to its GXattack.

• Pokémon-GX have strong attacks and high HP, so they can overwhelm the opponent's Pokémon without needing to rely on the GX attack.

• All of this power comes at a price. When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes two Prize cards. Think carefully about how and when to use your Pokémon-GX in battle.

So yeah... That's the quick overview of this concept. So, tell me what you think? Like I said, me personally..... I like the idea, I don't think it will be game breaking, and we are sure to see new interesting deck variations with these. :)

EDIT: 

Pokemon GX current card info: (Posted originally by; PokemasterTz)

Solgaleo GX – Metal – HP???

Pokemon GX

Ability: Ultra Road
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may switch your Active Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

[?] Sunsteel Strike: 230 damage. Discard all Energy from this Pokemon.

[?] Sol Burst GX: Search your deck for up to 5 Energy cards and attach them to your Pokemon. Then, shuffle your deck. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: ?
Resistance: ?
Retreat: ?

Lunala GX – Psychic – HP???
Pokemon GX

Ability: Psychic Transfer
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move a [P] Energy from 1 of your Pokemon to another of your Pokemon.

[?] Phantom Ray: 120 damage. The Defending Pokemon can’t be healed during your opponent’s next turn.

[?] Lunar Fall GX: Knock Out 1 of your opponent’s Basic Pokemon that isn’t a Pokemon GX. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

That Lunala GX attack is going to be insane! 

?? I thought Lunala GX could see some play, but Solageo GX just looks broken. Keldeo EX + 5-energy Xerneas hybrid = success.

I dont think ill like the new GX. U___U

I say that because unlike EX's you can only use 1 attack from it per game (Maybe unless you can scoop it up and that allows you to use another attack-if not i Definently am not looking forward to it.

Hopefully-They have GX pokemon that attack ALL or multiple pokemon at the same time. Other then that GX is pretty useless imo.  (Unless they have something like 1-2 energies to be able to do like 200-300 damage-that might be ok also) ^______^

I say that because unlike EX's you can only use 1 attack from it per game (Maybe unless you can scoop it up and that allows you to use another attack-if not i Definently am not looking forward to it.

Hopefully-They have GX pokemon that attack ALL or multiple pokemon at the same time. Other then that GX is pretty useless imo.  (Unless they have something like 1-2 energies to be able to do like 200-300 damage-that might be ok also) ^______^

I don't really see it like this... I see it more as a ACE SPEC card in the form of  Pokemon! Same type of concept, but in PKM form instead of trainer. (Plus it can attack) 

Not saying this is going to be a game-changer strat card, but it could turn the tide of a match if you've lost tempo in certain areas. I welcome the  concept, think it will add more strats. I would hate to see a GX that had multiple turns, we already have OP EX's that have ruined the TCG and tbh don't need more powercreeps. 

Has anybody heard of Yu-gi-oh! GX?  This is completely different, but you might still think they'd think of something else.

I had never heard of GX until all the jokes of Pokemon on motorcycles starting popping up.

I'll give you one better. 5 Energy and a super OP ability???? Also, only tthe GX attack is limited. They still have other attacks.

Pokemon GX

Once during your turn (before your attack), you may switch your Active Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

[?] Sol Burst GX: Search your deck for up to 5 Energy cards and attach them to your Pokemon. Then, shuffle your deck. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Pokemon GX

As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move a [P] Energy from 1 of your Pokemon to another of your Pokemon.

[?] Phantom Ray: 120 damage. The Defending Pokemon can’t be healed during your opponent’s next turn.

[?] Lunar Fall GX: Knock Out 1 of your opponent’s Basic Pokemon that isn’t a Pokemon GX. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

I had never heard of GX until all the jokes of Pokemon on motorcycles starting popping up.

I'll give you one better. 5 Energy and a super OP ability???? Also, only tthe GX attack is limited. They still have other attacks.

Pokemon GX

Pokemon GX

Hope you don't mind, I'm going to copy and paste your GX card info on my OP for all to see. THX for posting this :) 

I honestly don't mind GX as much as long as Pokemon-EX are leaving. How i see it, is that since they are functionally similar to Pokemon-EX, TPC can play with the EX mechanic a bit more and not worry about extremely OP Pokemon-EX combinations in Expanded. I must say im not that impressed with their design and template yet, even though it isnt final. Yuck. 

On the bright side at least they are getting rid of the old BLW template.

I honestly don't mind GX as much as long as Pokemon-EX are leaving. How i see it, is that since they are functionally similar to Pokemon-EX, TPC can play with the EX mechanic a bit more and not worry about extremely OP Pokemon-EX combinations in Expanded. I must say im not that impressed with their design and template yet, even though it isnt final. Yuck. 

On the bright side at least they are getting rid of the old BLW template.

Wait, they are replacing Pokemon EX? Is this confirmed? (Sorry if I'm being dumb).

Also, go ahead RogueSpecter, though it should be noted I got the info from a beach of Pokemon.

Wait, they are replacing Pokemon EX? Is this confirmed? (Sorry if I'm being dumb).

Also, go ahead RogueSpecter, though it should be noted I got the info from a beach of Pokemon.

They haven't confirmed it, but it would seem to be the case, as they are adding in a very similar mechanic. I could still be very wrong though.

?? I thought Lunala GX could see some play, but Solageo GX just looks broken. Keldeo EX + 5-energy Xerneas hybrid = success.

Solgaeo's GX attack can only be used once per game. So while that would be an excellent play, it cant be used excessively so it is not broken. I will like teching this into a virgen deck though for sure :)

Solgaeo's GX attack can only be used once per game. So while that would be an excellent play, it cant be used excessively so it is not broken. I will like teching this into a virgen deck though for sure :)

Also, there is the fact that even if you have multiple Pokemon-GX, you can only use one GX attack total, which makes the exploitability of the mechanic much less.

They havent added any energy requirements to these cards yet, so maybe they wont be as useful as we thought? who knows, Solgario needs 5 energy to get 5 energy, but blacksmith xD

So do these Pokemon have HP and do they need energy to attack? Also does a GX get put in the discard pile after its one attack or does it stay in play? I guess just the great abilities are a reason to have at least one or two GX cards in a deck. It will have to be seen with energy costs to do the attacks if they are worth using. I agree with what others are saying. I wonder what the grass type GX card will be like? Could have healing and special conditions and mega attack damage!

So do these Pokemon have HP and do they need energy to attack? Also does a GX get put in the discard pile after its one attack or does it stay in play? I guess just the great abilities are a reason to have at least one or two GX cards in a deck. It will have to be seen with energy costs to do the attacks if they are worth using. I agree with what others are saying. I wonder what the grass type GX card will be like? Could have healing and special conditions and mega attack damage!

The cards you see now are just dummy version, they are not final and all Hp, weakness, energy cost etc will be added in the final version

its only once per game, so you cant use multiple GX attacks, but their "GX" attack is seperate from other attacks that they can also use as many times as the game permits.

Also, there is the fact that even if you have multiple Pokemon-GX, you can only use one GX attack total, which makes the exploitability of the mechanic much less.

but keldeo ex replacement tho, and no float stone required

Lunala Gx might herald the return of big stage two Pokémon and discourage big basic exs which is a good idea. The power creep will be minimal IMO just like the power diff between BW and XY has been generally marginal.

So do you think all GX pokemon will have just 1 non-GX attack or just these legendary pokemon because of the abilities?

On the press release it stated that the Pokemon-GX would have up to 2 attacks, so it is probably just because of the abilities.

Pokemon GX

Pokemon GX

its only once per game, so you cant use multiple GX attacks, but their "GX" attack is seperate from other attacks that they can also use as many times as the game permits.

OHHH I was given the impression that you could only use one of its attacks ONCE then it would pretty much be a sitting duck-Thanks for the clarification Fellows. ^______^

So to be clear-these new GX have MORE hp then EX pokemon, and from the looks of it better attacks too........Never-mind I believe I'm going to REALLY ENJOY GX pokemon.

P.S Shame on you R-S for calling them OP Ace-spec cards!!! (There are NEW FREINDS) ^_______^

Archived