Shaymin-EX RS Price Speculation

jyou9811

What do you guys think of Shaymin-EX's price trend? Will it go much higher than what it's worth now? Will the FA rise much higher than the RA? Will it continue to see use as (essentially) a form of currency in high-priced trades? And is now (or later) a good time to get a playset?

Disclaimer: This is purely speculation, so anything that is posted here should be taken with a grain of salt. 

It's already at its peak. After the rotation, I don't foresee many decks needing 4x copies of Shaymin-EX because of the gimmicky turn 1's, probably will only see 2-3 per deck.

It's already at its peak. After the rotation, I don't foresee many decks needing 4x copies of Shaymin-EX because of the gimmicky turn 1's, probably will only see 2-3 per deck.

Do you still see it being used as a form of currency in trades though? 

Do you still see it being used as a form of currency in trades though?

anything that can be sold easily for the best pack will still be used as currency in trades as long as we cant offer more than 100 in our trades.

anything that can be sold easily for the best pack will still be used as currency in trades as long as we cant offer more than 100 in our trades.

I think it'll still be Shaymin then, since it's still probably going to be widely used (at least 2) in standard/expanded--question is, will that lead to it's price continuing to go up, staying the same, or decreasing. Or do we think a card like sycamore (that also sees wide use) will surpass shaymin in popularity? Before the release of SS, I thought sycamore would surpass shaymin's demand, but I guess I was wrong as of now. Sorry if I sound naive in my thinking, I've only recently gotten back into the tcg after many years, so I'm probably not taking into account a lot of additional factors with my reasonings.

I'm not sure of the change in value for shaymin, but I will say that I agree that most gimmicky turn 1 decks will only use 3 at most, but the rise of turbo mega decks like rayquaza and gyrados will see more play and will benefit from running 4x shaymin to set they're megas up.

jyou9811, on 18 Aug 2016 - 11:34 AM, said: I think it'll still be Shaymin then, since it's still probably going to be widely used (at least 2) in standard/expanded--question is, will that lead to it's price continuing to go up, staying the same, or decreasing. Or do we think a card like sycamore (that also sees wide use) will surpass shaymin in popularity? Before the release of SS, I thought sycamore would surpass shaymin's demand, but I guess I was wrong as of now. Sorry if I sound naive in my thinking, I've only recently gotten back into the tcg after many years, so I'm probably not taking into account a lot of additional factors with my reasonings.

Imo, they will decrease to pre-Worlds Hype levels (20% cheaper). Sycamore FA will always hold a steady value once its done normalizing. The only reason its cheaper than Shaymin is because players can also use non-FA versions of Sycamore to play which are only uncommons, whereas Shaymin requires you to have RA or Full Art (ultra rare either way).

Archived