Mega Sceptile

PlatinumDude

This is my Mega Sceptile EX deck. After seeing a couple of deck ideas on it and the fact that it may become popular with the rotation that's coming up, I decided to try it on my own. Some of my choices may be rather unconventional, so I'm wondering if they're worth keeping.

Pokemon:

-4 Sceptile EX (3 Ancient Origins, 1 promo)

-3 Mega Sceptile EX

-2 Shaymin EX

-1 Hoopa EX
-2 Spinarak

-2 Ariados

-2 Yanma (Steam Siege)

-2 Yanmega (Steam Siege)

-1 Yanmega BREAK

Trainers:

-4 Vs Seeker

-4 Ultra Ball

-3 Trainers' Mail

-3 Sceptile Spirit Link

-1 Energy Retrieval

-1 Revitalizer

-2 Super Rod

-2 N

-3 Prof. Sycamore

-1 Lysandre

-1 Fisherman

-1 Pokemon Ranger

-1 Hex Maniac

-2 Forest of Giant Plants

-2 Shrine of Memories

Energy:

-10 Grass

Now, as for my other choices: I added in the Yanmega line as secondary attackers, and they make a neat surprise when I end up with 4 cards in my hand. Mega Sceptile's Jagged Saber also helps them fulfill the energy requirements when needed. 2 Shrine of Memories is in here so Mega Sceptile can still use Unseen Claw, saving Jagged Saber for energizing and healing my bench.

Edit: when Ninja Boy is fixed, I'm considering adding it too, but I don't know what to take out for it. If anyone has suggestions for better secondary attackers, feel free to say it.

Thoughts?

I don't know if the Yanmega line worth. Also it's a lot of space. But it is there so the deck looks quite well.

Minor changes for play-style or speed could be done. I wouldn't go with the promo Scept. 3-3 EX-Mega could also be enough.

For more speed, 4 Syc and 3 N it's a huge combo.

Probably a pair of Level ball would help for Ariados, also to get 4 cards in hand sometimes (if more focussed on Yanmega, Red card would be a nice card to add)

I don't see Ninja Boy for this deck. Your goal is to Mega or BREAK and your only high HP basic is Scept so you are not going to switch it for another. Would be just for if you start with a Shaymin EX but seems very situational having just 1 in the deck. Use to be better to Sycamore/N to set up the bench and get new useful cards in hand.

The rest is to play, see what you miss, what you don't use and change card by card while enjoying the game.

I don't know if the Yanmega line worth. Also it's a lot of space. But it is there so the deck looks quite well.

Minor changes for play-style or speed could be done. I wouldn't go with the promo Scept. 3-3 EX-Mega could also be enough.

For more speed, 4 Syc and 3 N it's a huge combo.

Probably a pair of Level ball would help for Ariados, also to get 4 cards in hand sometimes (if more focussed on Yanmega, Red card would be a nice card to add)

I don't see Ninja Boy for this deck. Your goal is to Mega or BREAK and your only high HP basic is Scept so you are not going to switch it for another. Would be just for if you start with a Shaymin EX but seems very situational having just 1 in the deck. Use to be better to Sycamore/N to set up the bench and get new useful cards in hand.

The rest is to play, see what you miss, what you don't use and change card by card while enjoying the game.

I'll try a build without Yanmega and see how it goes. Hex Maniac and Ranger may be enough to deal with anti-EX cards.

Archived