Improve Extra Cards for Mulligan Feature

Mega_Mewthree

Right now, you have to decide to draw the number of cards you want after your opponent mulligans multiple times before drawing any cards. I would like this to change to be more like real life, where you look at the card you draw before deciding whether or not to draw the next one. This is very important, especially if you draw into something like a Sycamore, where you would want to stop drawing cards.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

In real life, you are supposed to decide how many extra cards you want to draw before drawing any of them.  Apparently, you've been breaking the rules.

Q. If my opponent mulligans several times during setup, may I choose to take 1 card from the top of my deck, look at it, and then decide whether to continue drawing my next mulligan?
A. When drawing cards for mulligans you must announce how many cards you are going to draw, up to the maximum allowed. If you don't announce a number ahead of time, then you must draw the maximum amount. You don't get to look and decide as each card is drawn. (Nov 19, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

I was going to say that they need to change mulligans in general because its too easy to destroy the advantage it gives by making them redraw their hand on the first turn. I'm talking about the really high mully count decks, the ones that make you watch them redraw excessively and I consider this bad manner to make your opponent go through this because of how the online game deals with it with these slow dialogues. One game comes to mind where my opponent mulligan'd around 20 times, 20 requests to let them mulligan then 20 dialogues asking to draw a card, one at a time... that's 40 slow dialogues to click through when it doesn't even matter because you see their hands and see that they've got a deck full of stuff like red cards. If they went first, advantage basically lost. I think if you mulligan more than 5, 10 times etc the penalties should become more severe (like you lose right to go first or opp draws a prize card). The reason is because now you are really inconveniencing your opponent by making them click through all the dialogues for your mulligan AND all the individual dialogues asking you to draw a card. It's just too easy to negate the advantage if you got to go first and mulligan'd a ton "Oh I'll just red card him so now he has 4 instead of the 20 cards he'd have off the mulligan". The only thing you'll get to play from that hand if they went first is pokemon to your bench. 

You mulligan 5 times: Your opponent can choose to go first, negating the coin flip. This is so opponent can actually take advantage of the extra cards. You mulligan'd a ton, you shouldn't be rewarded for it 50% of the time because you went first and made them redraw. 

10 Mulligans and every card after 20 mullies: opponent draws a prize card. Your deck should have enough pokemon in them that you shouldn't have to mulligan 20 times in a game. This is POKEMON, it's not supposed to be pure trainer card mon unless it's at your own peril. 

If you can run out of cards and lose you should be able to lose off not being able to draw a playable hand in X number of turns (having it be 25 mulligans would affect only the most trollish decks). 

Either that or give us an option to not have to "approve" of our opponent using a mulligan and an option to cancel all draw card requests or draw them all at once. I shouldn't have to sit there and click 40 boxes to get a game going. When they finally have a playable hand (like you are supposed to) let me know... how about that instead? 

I was going to say that they need to change mulligans in general because its too easy to destroy the advantage it gives by making them redraw their hand on the first turn.

You mulligan 5 times: Your opponent can choose to go first, negating the coin flip. This is so opponent can actually take advantage of the extra cards. You mulligan'd a ton, you shouldn't be rewarded for it 50% of the time because you went first and made them redraw. 

10 Mulligans and every card after 20 mullies: opponent draws a prize card. Your deck should have enough pokemon in them that you shouldn't have to mulligan 20 times in a game. This is POKEMON, it's not supposed to be pure trainer card mon unless it's at your own peril. 

If you can run out of cards and lose you should be able to lose off not being able to draw a playable hand in X number of turns (having it be 25 mulligans would affect only the most trollish decks). 

This will never happen.  The PTCGO devs aren't allowed to implement rules that don't exist.

Either that or give us an option to not have to "approve" of our opponent using a mulligan and an option to cancel all draw card requests or draw them all at once. I shouldn't have to sit there and click 40 boxes to get a game going. When they finally have a playable hand (like you are supposed to) let me know... how about that instead? 

The first "No" will cancel the rest of the prompts.  A "Yes to All", with the number of cards you would draw, is a good idea.

The first "No" will cancel the rest of the prompts.  A "Yes to All", with the number of cards you would draw, is a good idea.

Yeah, that's a part of why this is frustrating is that you can conveniently quick opt out of the drawn cards with the first "No" but you can not quick draw all the cards. Just about the only reason you'd ever select "No" to all the free draw cards is because there isn't a "yes to all" option. It's the lack of functionality on one end that leads to its use. You basically do it just to save you the time wasted going through the dialogues when they will likely get reshuffled anyways, which is why I opted for "no" that game where opponent mulligan'd 20 times.

So, in otherwords, the option to not draw cards is a polished feature that works as it should (despite hardly being needed because why wouldn't you draw cards unless you would somehow deck out after some ridiculous number of mulligans) and then on the otherhand the "yes" to drawn cards isn't a polished or even existing feature (despite being the option you'd go with 99% of the time so far as I can tell). 

If they added that along with "approve all mulligans" for opponents it'd be much less frustrating to play in those games (thankfully these sorts of games are rare for me). "Approve all mulligans" would just be an extra option for you to skip through the dialogues where it shows you what they had in their failed hand. I honestly don't care what my opponents hand has and I certainly don't care after the 2nd or 3rd hand, at that point I just want to play. 

Archived