Rotation Advice [Beginner]

HighVoltageist

I just got word that rotation is a thing for PTCG, and I have some questions:

1) I have a Grenninja Break deck right now (typical deck with Octillery, BattleComp/Fisherman) -- is there anyway I can still salvage this deck after rotation? Since the XY Gren and BC is leaving and Garbordor will run rampant, I'm not sure if there's any way?

2) I wanna build a Zygarde-EX deck. Is this wise with the rotation? Are any major cards being rotated out?

TL;DR Are Greninja decks still viable? Are Zygarde-EX decks wise to build right now?

Garbodor could be a big problem for Greninja decks until a better form of tool removal is added.  The loss of Greninja XY isn't huge since most decks were running only one.

I'm not sure about Zygarde.  Fighting decks are losing Korrina, Fighting Stadium, and Focus Sash.

Even though it´s still early to make any sort of assessment on Greninja Break deck being playable after rotation we must face that it will barely have a chance (my opinion). It will surely lose some of its speed, like so many other decks,  and Garbodor is going to be the next major threat in ptcgo. For now there isn´t much that can be done for Greninja Break, you can still play it but keep in mind that you will need some tools to minimize its weakness when rotations kicks off.

Zygarde-ex is doing well with Regirock-ex and Carbink Break. That combination is look promising so far where you have easy ways to get these cards and deal a fair amount of damage quickly. I haven´t tried Zygarde-ex yet so that´s pretty much i can say about him at the moment.

I think Greninja BREAK will be next season's best deck. All it loses is XY Greninja, hardly a loss at all, Battle Compressor, but I don't even use it in mine, and every other deck loses it too, soooo.

Fighting decks definitely take a hit with the loss of Korrina, but they are definitely still viable. The version that RuskeD said is likely going to be the best build. It just won't be quite as easy to Rare Candy into a stage 2 on your second turn.

Also just want to throw out, no Night March of course :) Win for every other deck, and 95% of players out there as well :)

Isn't Megaphone being rotated out? and the Xer(whatever its called) trainer card?

Right.  This means that the only way to get rid of tools is attacks, of which the best is... minccino.  Which is a terrible pokemon.

That's ridiculous.

How do they expect us to play without abilities?

Maybe the better question should be how to be competitive WITHOUT depending on abilities... just a thought ;)

There is a rattata that will be released in evolutions that has an ability that takes away the active pokemons item when placed on the bench, so...yay

Losing Startling megaphone is a major blow to almost all my standard decks Inc greninja break... now there's no quick fix to ffbelt. But this means zygarde ex is now stronger.

Expect a slew of garbodors to replace XY treve from September on... perhaps two Lysander are a must in every standard deck to smash garbodor. Xerosix too slow to combat it

Losing Startling megaphone is a major blow to almost all my standard decks Inc greninja break... now there's no quick fix to ffbelt. But this means zygarde ex is now stronger.

Expect a slew of garbodors to replace XY treve from September on... perhaps two Lysander are a must in every standard deck to smash garbodor. Xerosix too slow to combat it

Xerosic is way too slow to combat it.  So slow that he's getting rotated out too. :P

Archived