The missing (spirit) links

Endosutra

Does anyone know if they ever plan to add spirit links for the 7 (I believe) mega pokemon without them? It is picking at me that they've all got em except these 7 (including all 3 gen 1 starter megas). Was there ever a consensus that these wouldn't get added? 

Links were added at phantom forces, so all megas before then do not have them.  I have no reason to believe they will ever be added, since before the next set gets released, they will rotate out of standard.

Links were added at phantom forces, so all megas before then do not have them.  I have no reason to believe they will ever be added, since before the next set gets released, they will rotate out of standard.

The Kanto Starter Megas are getting remakes in our November set, so there will likely be Spirit Links for them. While the original Megas will have rotated, the links will still be usable in expanded.

And they made new Kanto starter Megas in Generations and didn't do spirit links then.

The difference being that Generations was a promo/subset, while Evolutions is one of our quarterly sets. There has been no Mega Evolution Pokemon released in main sets since PHF that have not had Spirit Links.

Turn 2 M Charizard?!?! Too OP!!!

without blacksmith, maybe not... You'll need to get yourself into the volcanion acceleration business

LucaRio ex is likely to resurface in a future SM set due to its popularity thus will get a mega and a link I'm certain but Heracross might get forgotten for good. I hope it will appear in future SM set too. Always wanted to tag mega sceptile with mega heracross. Have tried it before but without a link you are losing too much momentum.

The card I always wanted a link for was XY Mega Venusaur. With 120 damage, paralyzed, and poisoned, that's solid, and could have been a very fun deck.  Always fun to leave your opponent to deal with the elements. 

The card I always wanted a link for was XY Mega Venusaur. With 120 damage, paralyzed, and poisoned, that's solid, and could have been a very fun deck.  Always fun to leave your opponent to deal with the elements. 

Yes indeed. I run a M venusaur deck and it still works well but with a link it'd really run smoother, that paralysis is so brutal. Then I'd lose the float stone I usually use on him but still... it can be tough to pick the right moments to end your turn. 

Also wanted to do M diancie. Seems like it has potential but without a link it's left behind.

Speaking of mega Kanto ex in the Evolutions set, I was told by someone in ******* that the attacks will be same as those of XY base and flashfire sets. Basically a reprint of those cards but different art. Anyone has any news on this?

I also run m venusaur with virizion ex and mega turbo. But again without links it gets owned by Yveltal ex so easily!

yep a m-venusaur with ability lock and virbank in is pretty much game over for any ex deck (non-mega)

Archived