Which theme deck is best atm?

Gingervoli

Which of the currently available theme decks are best for competing in the tournaments? 

All I've got at the moment is the Galvantula one and the one that is given Mental Might. They both seem really poor in most match-ups.

XY Basic Green OR XY Basic Blue. XY Basic Green is the more consistent one, but it is extremely vulnerable to any fire deck. XY Basic Blue is slightly less consistent, but no deck really hard counters it as the pokemon have different weaknesses.

Dark Hammer is the best theme deck you can buy in the shop. It is just as good or almost as good as the above two decks.

XY Basic Red sucks. Mental Might sucks. XY Basic Yellow sucks. Don't use them in tourneys.

Dark Hammer as mentioned by BowswerLuigi is the best overall theme deck. The next best one is Night Striker from Breakthrough. The Night Striker deck contains both Gengar and Stand In Zoroark which are both very good cards you can build a deck around outside of theme decks.

Pretty much what these guys said but I would also say that Iron Tide is a pretty good deck too, good cards in it for building other decks & it has my favorite Persian in it. Before Ninja Boy got temp. banned again the Gears of Fire deck seemed pretty good when I ran it through Trainer Challenge to get my bonus booster pack, not sure about in theme decks matches but I'll try it out for sure.

Can somebody tell me exactly why Dark Hammer(Panda Deck) is considered the best theme deck?

I've been using Battle Ruler(Zyga Deck) and I find it to be the better deck. 3 Energies for120 is quite good. No being sarcastic, legit want to know why people say that. Panda Deck has 3 Energies for base DMG of 80 :blink:

I'd say XY basic green and blue are still the best theme decks. I breezed through the last KO 40 Pokemons chain challenges just with these decks.

Grass. Really good supporters now like ace trainer (very game breaking against anybody like water to take away greninja ammunition/big hands) and sycamore, even a vs seeker. Compare that to blue which has shauna, battle reporters (quite situational and difficult to use at times with a bloated hand), acro bikes...simipour can alleviate some of this with recycle but its not a consistent thing. Water just not as mobile when looking at the green deck after the update and if your one articuno happens to be in your prize pile (or your 1 greninja) it's gg. 

Go with the green. 

(dark hammer also good)

Can somebody tell me exactly why Dark Hammer(Panda Deck) is considered the best theme deck?

I've been using Battle Ruler(Zyga Deck) and I find it to be the better deck. 3 Energies for120 is quite good. No being sarcastic, legit want to know why people say that. Panda Deck has 3 Energies for base DMG of 80 :blink:

Dark Hammer is consistent and all the Pokemon in it have some degree of usefulness. Machamp, the deck's Stage 2, can be brought out on a semi-consistent basis (Korrina and Evosoda are huge helps).

• 2 weeks later...

Dark Hammer is consistent and all the Pokemon in it have some degree of usefulness. Machamp, the deck's Stage 2, can be brought out on a semi-consistent basis (Korrina and Evosoda are huge helps).

Not to mention it is the only one with fully realized evolution lines within the deck plus you have Two Professor Sycamore so the draw power is awesome. 

Not to mention it is the only one with fully realized evolution lines within the deck plus you have Two Professor Sycamore so the draw power is awesome.

Ehh... Scrafty is so useless as an evo that it might as well not be there. Seriously, you should only use Scraggy to evolve Pancham and nothing else (unless you have no choice). Otherwise he'll just clog up the bench.

But at least having two Scrafties is still better than 2 junk basics that clog up the hand (points to Resilient Life).

Can you edit theme decks I was playing against a guy today that had cards not in the theme deck I had and we had the same deck?

Can you edit theme decks I was playing against a guy today that had cards not in the theme deck I had and we had the same deck?

You must complete that deck with winning trainer challenge at least 7 matches with that deck. If you do that, you can get 7 cards more to complete your deck.

I think XY Blue Basic and Green Basic are the strongest theme decks until now. I don't suggest Battle Ruler for the tourney because it can be easily beat down by XY Basic Blue deck and if your zygarde faint, you will get the problem to set another poke

Go with the green. 

Aw man. Do I have to? :unsure: That Basic Green deck was an absolute nightmare to play in the Trainer Challenges (for me). Maybe it's because I'm getting the hang of the cards and the mechanics and some of those decks are over stuffed with Basics (Pokemon and Energy, imo). But heck, at this point, I'll give anything a shot to move the needle on this chain. 

Archived