suggestion: use extra untradable cards to pay for posting public trades

shinygeodude

We all have extra copies of untradable cards that are useless, since we only ever really need a maximum of 4 non-energy cards in our collections. So here's my suggestion on how to put them to use: Give us the option of using them to pay for posting public trades. Right now it costs 8 tokens for 8 hours, 24 for 24, and 48 for 48. So maybe we could give up something like 3 common untradables for an 8 hour trade, 2 uncommons for a 24 hour trade, and 1-2 rares for a 48 hour trade. Or something like that. Since we earn both tokens and untradable cards simply by playing this game anyway, it seems to me like the developers should find this acceptable.

i think its a good idea. there is only the question if it would imbalance the system because more coins mean more for boosterpacks and a lesser income from buying the packs.

if it doesnt i hope this gets implemented. there must be something that we can do with the unused cards.

in another game it was really becoming a problem.

but i think the tradesystem would have to be nerfed before its really going to be used. there is hardly ever a trade available. i hope theyd also put it in that the other person can make an offer. would also increase the amount of the trades. (i think) cause at least i would not know what i can ask for some cards.

no. I don't support this at all

multiple copies of non tradable cards have no value, this system would add value to those cards, and that would mess up the "economy".

It would also give a lot of power/wealth to people who shouldn't really have it.

I'm all up for doing this with TRADABLE cards but things that are trade locked are trade locked for a reason, they're usually giveaways or bought with in-game-coins so they really shouldn't have a monetary value like tradable digital cards are perceived to have

this is not a CCG, its a TCG and the fundimental difference is the randomness of packs, and the fact that you will, and do, end up with 30+ potions and such.

I think many people think that the... *insert competitor who has a online only CCG that rhymes with barthlone* approch of breaking down your doubles can be applied to most card games. It cant. the reason it works there is CCG Vs TCG, there is no trading over there, so the company can dictate the "values" of cards rather than the players because people can only get the cards from the devs and not other people. 

Here we go again...  

That will be a very very bad idéer... That will create massive spam of bad trade in public...

Just ignorere the extra copy of the card... It is free cards so what do you complain about???

that's exactly it. if it's trade locked, you didn't pay for it. you may -think- you paid with time because you had to complete a challenge for it etc, but most people consider the gameplay here "fun" and take that in itself as a reward, and don't expect something of value for every moment of gameplay.

lets use magazines as an analogy... you buy magazine X every month and love it, and always have. One year they do a promotion where you get a free sticker with each magazine X. Most people would keep enjoying the magazine and take the sticker as an extra, even if they don't like the design on said sticker.

but you're saying that now they're giving you a free sticker, it should clearly be worth something (even though the price of the magazine didn't go up) and you should be able to get a discount on your subscription if you give them the stickers back.

you realise how crazy that sounds?

Except that it's not like that.  If you pay tokens for useless cards, shouldn't you be able to pay useless cards for tokens?  At a reduced rate, of course, and it keeps everything locked so I don't see how it would mess up the economy.  Unless, of course, people bought Pikachu boxes, but those are useless anyway and if you accept them in trades that's a risk you take.

with the right amount of everything it doesnt mess things up. if you take one for one its obviously like that.
ofc we could just ignore the 500+ extra cards but having something without a use just feels empty. yea they were in with a potential use. we have the chance to build them in our deck but some cards are obvious... they wont be used for long. it feels empty to ***** useless stuff. it just takes the right amount of everything. "flooding with bad trades" sounds funny to me as i have never seen more than 3 trades in a day. every game change takes a rebalancing. the ones that hate so much against it should not forget that.

and if you want to put in real life examples: the ones you have double you can trade.

Unless, of course, people bought Pikachu boxes, but those are useless anyway and if you accept them in trades that's a risk you take.

True. The only pseudo-value that Pika Boxes have is all due to LordKieta and his Shelmet Points promotion.

with the right amount of everything it doesnt mess things up. if you take one for one its obviously like that.

ofc we could just ignore the 500+ extra cards but having something without a use just feels empty. yea they were in with a potential use. we have the chance to build them in our deck but some cards are obvious... they wont be used for long. it feels empty to ***** useless stuff. it just takes the right amount of everything. "flooding with bad trades" sounds funny to me as i have never seen more than 3 trades in a day. every game change takes a rebalancing. the ones that hate so much against it should not forget that.

and if you want to put in real life examples: the ones you have double you can trade.

Right now there is a player with username start with a "C" that put op 300 trades a day for 48 hours... 

Example:

- You get a FC pack +  seel and you give a Heatran EX FA.

- You get a FC pack +  Riolu FC 46/124 and you give a Glalie EX FA.

- You get a FC pack +  Jigglypuff + and uncommon Chest, you give a Mewtwo EX Next Destinies.

and there is about 300 of this offers in public from that player...

Note: The player use a trick so he never loses Token...

I hope some day the Mod, TPCi or staff will do some kind of disciplinary action...

Archived