Please Help!

MichaelDrobnich

how much is this card worth?? its a first edition shadowless pikachu red cheeks 58/102 (look it up it wont let me post a pic) have it and i dont know what to sell it for.

Two things: first, this is the tcgO forums; and a good deal of the people here don't even play in real life, though it's still probably the best place to find answers.  Secondly, if it's first edition, then for clarity purposes it's not called shadowless even though it is.  As for the value, my only price guide is from 2007 and therefore very outdated, so I will try to adjust it but a better answer is welcome.  

About $10 on average.

[edited to reduce criticality.]

Two things: first, this is the tcgO forums; and a good deal of the people here don't even play in real life.  Secondly, if it's first edition, then it's not shadowless.  As for the value, my only price guide is from 2007 and therefore very outdated, so I will try to adjust it but a better answer is welcome.  

About $10 on average.

Actually, all first edition Base Set cards are shadowless.

To OP: I believe the price is around $25-40 if it is professionally graded and sealed, and about $10 if it is ungraded near mint (pretty much what SuperStone estimated.

Yes, first edition is indeed shadowless. In that case, seminc is exactly correct (also making SuperStone correct in his pricing). Having it graded, and what grade that is, makes a world of difference though. 

Seminc- What I meant when I said that is that the convention for the three forms of the base set is 1st edition, shadowless, unlimited.  It is true that the Base 1sts do not have shadows, and it is also true that 'shadowless' cards are unlimited.  But for clarity, the cards are referred to as either Base Set 1st ed., Shadowless, or Base Set unlimited.

That "First Edition" Machamp card (that everyone has) has a shadow - unless it was a real 1st edition pulled from a 1st edition pack and is actually worth something then.

That "First Edition" Machamp card (that everyone has) has a shadow - unless it was a real 1st edition pulled from a 1st edition pack and is actually worth something then.

The funny thing is, that Machamp wasn't obtainable in booster packs to my recollection. It was distributed with the 2-player starter set, and as such was printed as a promo sheet rather than the typical first-edition runs. I believe the only Unlimited print Machamp is worth upwards of $100 USD

Machamp were available from three sets: Trainer Deck A, the two-player CD-rom set, and the two-player starter set, as Seminc mentioned.  Bulbapedia knows all.

That was one of the weirdest errors of all time.  I can imagine kids finding them...   "Mom! Mom!  Look!  I got a pokeemon pack with firthd edishuns innit!" "Oh,really?"  "Uh-huh!  Look, dey have a little circle that thays it here on the gasty, on da bul-ba-saur, on da... That's not fiwrst edishun!   Dat's a dee!"

I think the biggest mistake we've had in ages is that new galvantula; nothing as cool as what they used to mess up on.

it depends on the condition.

i would agree with seminc as a reasonable price. if i had the money i would give you 45 dollars (40 for the card and 5 for shipping).

but i would keep it tho. unless you have extras you don't need.

last i checked seminc about the machamp your talking about, yes. its kinda rare and hard to get.

i have one. its amazing. but i suggest anyone who has it don't sell it unless you need the money.

i have a charizard that is worth allot of money but i won't even sell cause its hard to get.

Archived