Question about new decks (themed play)

Galaxas

Hello there, I'm brand new to PTCG (just started the day before yesterday). Having a ton of fun, already have over 12 hours logged lol.
I noticed I can't really do anything else besides themed play since you need to be a bit seasoned/have good cards to do the other modes, but

I noticed that when you buy a new deck box, there are several pokemon that are by themselves, like they don't have their evolved form cards. I bought the Xerneas life deck and cards like Ekans, Pumpkaboo, Phantump, are just kind of there and are pretty useless without their other forms. Is there something I'm missing? 

Also, is there a way to edit the themed decks to maybe replace those cards with something better?

Hello, and welcome the pokemon trading card game online!  Theme decks are, as you know, pre-crafted decks that can be purchased in the shop.  They have their own format, so you can't change their composition, but you can use the cards within them in your custom decks.  These decks are notoriously bad, but sometimes have good cards in them, though, as you have noticed, they often leave evolution lines incomplete.

I hope this helps you.  I'm off to Nuvema.

Hello, and welcome the pokemon trading card game online!  Theme decks are, as you know, pre-crafted decks that can be purchased in the shop.  They have their own format, so you can't change their composition, but you can use the cards within them in your custom decks.  These decks are notoriously bad, but sometimes have good cards in them, though, as you have noticed, they often leave evolution lines incomplete.

I hope this helps you.  I'm off to Nuvema.

Thank you! I figured this was the case. The decks from the shop are even worse than the fire/water/grass decks you get for free. x_x I really like playing themed so that's a shame. Oh well, off to get better at making expanded decks then. 

Archived