Xerneas + Dragons

PlatinumDude

I read elsewhere that Xerneas BREAK can be used to reasonable effect alongside the Dragon EXs in Giratina and Hydreigon, so I decided to try to make a deck based around them. It took me several tournaments and some trades to cobble this deck together. The goal of this deck is to load up the bench with energy via Max Elixir and Xerneas' Geomancy and hit hard with Life Stream.

The Dragons are the secondary attackers when needed. Giratina shuts down Megas, helps keep Fairy Garden in play  (outside of being discarded by Delinquent), and locks the opponent out of special Energy and Tools; Hydreigon busts past Regice and Carbink. Let me know what you think of this:

Pokemon:

-4 Xerneas (Geomancy)

-3 Xerneas BREAK

-2 Hydreigon EX

-3 Giratina EX

-2 Shaymin EX

-1 Hoopa EX

Trainers:

-4 Trainers' Mail

-4 Vs Seeker

-4 Max Elixir

-1 Special Charge

-2 Super Rod

-1 Fighting Fury Belt

-3 Ultra Ball

-3 Prof. Sycamore

-2 N

-1 Lysandre

-1 Pokemon Ranger

-1 Hex Maniac

-3 Fairy Garden

Energy:

-4 Double Dragon Energy

-11 Fairy Energy

I'm considering another FF Belt, but I don't know what to take out.

Hydreigon-ex isn't necessary anymore, since you can use pokemon ranger to get past jolteon-ex and play hex maniac to get past safeguard carbink. Play 2 exp. shares. Great at keeping a high count of energy on the bench

Hydreigon-ex isn't necessary anymore, since you can use pokemon ranger to get past jolteon-ex and play hex maniac to get past safeguard carbink. Play 2 exp. shares. Great at keeping a high count of energy on the bench

Not a bad idea, there. 

Do you have suggestions for other attackers besides Giratina and Xerneas (BREAK), or am I fine with both?

It's nice. Proof is that is very close to Darkrai EX deck and that's a very nice and easy to play deck.

It's easier with Darkrai because not having to evolve nothing but anyway, seems to be consistent and for sure cool to play.

For that second FFB you could cut one basic energy, or maybe one of the Trainers' mail. I always thought that is better to add what you need, than something to search for it. So at the end is a possible 4 extra spaces for things you miss. Slower and you have to use what you get but just for one you don't loose a lot.

It's nice. Proof is that is very close to Darkrai EX deck and that's a very nice and easy to play deck.

It's easier with Darkrai because not having to evolve nothing but anyway, seems to be consistent and for sure cool to play.

For that second FFB you could cut one basic energy, or maybe one of the Trainers' mail. I always thought that is better to add what you need, than something to search for it. So at the end is a possible 4 extra spaces for things you miss. Slower and you have to use what you get but just for one you don't loose a lot.

Switched out a Fairy energy for an extra FFB and also swapped out the Hydreigon for the EXP Shares.

I'm not sure how well these changes will go, considering that Hex Maniac and Ranger won't be available all the time to cancel out the EX blockers.

Archived