Suggestion: Developer Priorirty List

Patriarch

In the international markets, the Pokemon TCG has the benefit of being two months behind Japanese releases. That means we get a chance to learn about the set's contents months before release, as well as get a feel for what the most powerful cards will most likely be.

Here we are on August 7th, less than two weeks before Worlds. And yet one of the most important new cards, Ninja Boy, is completely busted. We're all hoping it'll be fixed by Monday, but for all intents and purposes, that card being unavailable is enough to make every other method of testing superior -- which includes resorting to freeware.

But I don't expect the PTCGO developers to know what's good or not -- their first job is to bring the game to life online, and not be metagame experts! For that reason, I think Research and Development should provide the PTCGO developers a list of the most important cards to get right. It won't stop bugs entirely, but it would improve communication, and maybe assure that in the future, a card as critical as Ninja Boy is available for everyone to use ASAP.

(The above was all written with the assumption that this sort of communication between R&D and the TCGO devs doesn't already happen.)

you can bet your bonnet they know the importance of ninja boy and it will be their top priority, but there is always bugs with a new (huge, content adding) updates that need to be ironed out immidiatly too, you just have to be a bit more patient.

these new cards are adding whole new mechanics we've never seen before, especially ninja boy, I'd rather have them fixed or not avaliable, nothing inbetween. 

also, the bug subforum and the ticket system is the "R&D" they use to help identify where they should prioritise. So if you want them to take more notice of your bugs then best use those procedures rather than try to invent a new one

They should prioritise 2 things: making sure cards work as they should and trade function.

Trading is an integral component in a Trading card game but now it feels like a chore scrolling down to accept trades and then starting all over from the top of the expiring trades again! What a wasted motion. They should work on this soon rather than changing the in game interface and animation which is already OK IMO

Here is the only suggestion that matters: better Quality Assurance team.  

Seriously, the current game breaking bug where the game freezes in 1 out of 3 matches could have been easily avoided had there been an independent group of testers (outside of the developers) assigned to this version of release.

I work in IT, I understand budget and time constraints etc.  However, good QA team would have saved you guys from putting time and effort reacting to hundreds (if not thousands) tickets opened just for this problem, just over this weekend.  Either that or have a dedicated resource to fix problems over the weekend after major release /patch...  but we all know that is expensive and pretty much ruin weekend of everyone in dev  ;)

Here is the only suggestion that matters: better Quality Assurance team.  

Seriously, the current game breaking bug where the game freezes in 1 out of 3 matches could have been easily avoided had there been an independent group of testers (outside of the developers) assigned to this version of release.

I work in IT, I understand budget and time constraints etc.  However, good QA team would have saved you guys from putting time and effort reacting to hundreds (if not thousands) tickets opened just for this problem, just over this weekend.  Either that or have a dedicated resource to fix problems over the weekend after major release /patch...  but we all know that is expensive and pretty much ruin weekend of everyone in dev  ;)

It's all speculation the sort of QA analysis they may have. Maybe there "is" QA analysis, but they're looking for things beyond critical metagame cards. Just because there are glitches and problems doesn't mean there isn't some sort of QA going on in the background. Unless IYO the game's so broken so consistently you don't think there is sufficient QA?

Either way, competitive priorities is something a QA team unfamiliar with Pokemon wouldn't get. That's where Pokemon's game R&D comes in.

It's all speculation the sort of QA analysis they may have. Maybe there "is" QA analysis, but they're looking for things beyond critical metagame cards. Just because there are glitches and problems doesn't mean there isn't some sort of QA going on in the background. Unless IYO the game's so broken so consistently you don't think there is sufficient QA?

Either way, competitive priorities is something a QA team unfamiliar with Pokemon wouldn't get. That's where Pokemon's game R&D comes in.

Hmm, game freezing at the end of 1 in 3 matches is pretty broken, don't you think? I never said there was no testing whatsoever.  However, this was the sort of mundane things that developers might miss during testings.  They might have tested all of the newly implemented changes but did not wait until the end of every test matches to make sure there was no glitch at the end.

Also, I was strictly talking about functional testings.  I would agree things like metagame balance should be left to R&D.

Archived