Help? Take more damage than supposed to?

Fox_Kitty

Hi, I'm kind of new, and I noticed in some games, there would be times where my active pokemon would receive over 80 damage from the opponent Gallade's Powerful Storm in particular. It would be like 100, 120, or 180 etc. It's happened a few times and I cannot figure out why the damage is higher than 80, when the description doesn't mention any opportunity for the damage to go above 80. The pokemon affected would be random types, that either don't have a weakness or not weak to that type anyway. There were no items or stadium cards placed either. Is there something I'm missing? 

Powerful Storm relies on the amount of Energy attached to all of your Pokémon. If your opponent has a lot of Energy on the field then you can expect to receive high amounts of damage. That being said, the damage can also be increased by 20 with Muscle Band.

Powerful Storm relies on the amount of Energy attached to all of your Pokémon. If your opponent has a lot of Energy on the field then you can expect to receive high amounts of damage. That being said, the damage can also be increased by 20 with Muscle Band.

All of your pokemon.  The opponent's energy has no effect.  But yes, if you have a lot of energy in play, you could well do more than 80 damage.

All of your pokemon.  The opponent's energy has no effect.  But yes, if you have a lot of energy in play, you could well do more than 80 damage.

I know the opponents Energy has no effect. I never said it did, lol.

I know the opponents Energy has no effect. I never said it did, lol.

I think what he means is to be specific, The Enemies energy if they have gallade and Your energy if you have gallade :P

Ahhh okay thank you soo much! Why isn't that in the description though?? Are there any other moves like that? I mean, that do additional damage but don't say anything about it in the ability description?

OMG  I'm so dumb, I JUST realized I was confusing Powerful Storm with Swift Lunge. I kept looking at the wrong ability description and couldn't figure out how they did so much damage. >.> Wow. . . so sorry, it's all super clear now.

Ahhh okay thank you soo much! Why isn't that in the description though?? Are there any other moves like that? I mean, that do additional damage but don't say anything about it in the ability description?

There are quite a few pokemon Like Darkrai EX from breakpoint expansion with darka pulse that adds 20+ for each dark enegy on every pokemon on darkrais side, There is Lugia Ex with Aero Ball that does 20 damage + 20 more for each energy attached to both active pokemon and many more other pokemon

OMG  I'm so dumb, I JUST realized I was confusing Powerful Storm with Swift Lunge. I kept looking at the wrong ability description and couldn't figure out how they did so much damage. >.> Wow. . . so sorry, it's all super clear now.

Its ok :P You are learning so its good you found out now :D

Archived