Lucky Helmet bug

Rainbow-XN

It happened during a XY Basic Green vs. XY Basic Green matchup.

Tropius with Lucky Helmet and 30HP left attacks Chesnaught. It receives damage from Spiky Shield (therefore knocked out) but player draws two cards!

As it states in Lucky Helmet: Whenever the Pokemon this card is attached to is your Active Pokemon and is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if this Pokemon is Knocked Out), draw 2 cards.

Since that doesn't include damage caused by abilities, I definitely think that is a bug and I'm here to report it :)

Also I'm 100% positive that it is a new bug, cause I've had that matchup (Lucky Helmet vs Spiky Shield) numerous times, without the effect of drawing cards.

It happened during a XY Basic Green vs. XY Basic Green matchup.

Tropius with Lucky Helmet and 30HP left attacks Chesnaught. It receives damage from Spiky Shield (therefore knocked out) but player draws two cards!

As it states in Lucky Helmet: Whenever the Pokemon this card is attached to is your Active Pokemon and is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if this Pokemon is Knocked Out), draw 2 cards.

Since that doesn't include damage caused by abilities, I definitely think that is a bug and I'm here to report it :)

Also I'm 100% positive that it is a new bug, cause I've had that matchup (Lucky Helmet vs Spiky Shield) numerous times, without the effect of drawing cards.

Is anyone going to pay attention to this or what??

Second time it happened to me today in a tournament. It was to my favour because the opponent's Simisage kept using Torment to Chesnaught, with Spiky Shield's damage trigging Simisage's Lucky Helmet!! My opponent was left with 2 cards in his deck and he conceded because there was no way he could manage to get all the prizes before his deck was empty.

I think that is a very serious glitch/bug and it could result in many unfair losses/wins. Please have a look on that.

You're right, Chesnaught's Spiky Shield is not an attack and also it doesn't do any damage, instead it puts 3 damage counters directly in the opponent's attacking Pokemon, which I think is different than doing damage

I've just won a tournament by using XY Basic Green, defeating... XY Basic Green, when opponent used a Lucky Helmet on his Simisage and attacked my Chesnaught.

Lucky Helmet's bug is real.

Archived