Wheel/Vs rewards feedback

stormesp

So, this needs to get said, i'm "trying" to return to the game once again, tons of hour i have put into the game since it got the windows launched (once the game stopped being web). And i feel like every time the game makes an step forward, the following updates are based around on making that step forwards going backwards.

The wheel: Yeah, when it was first introduced people used to farm. So it got nerfed, only damaging common users more than farmers. Then it got more and more nerfed until you guys redesigned into the current form. The ****. So, Now, when winning, i get rewared by 1-5 coins (for more than half an hour of play sometimes..) AND the possibility , YES, the possibility, because some days the second or third win im already hitting used boxes. But what? you say? The boxes got nerfed to the **** too. Yeah, sometimes they give 25-50 tokens, wich is not bad at all. Others 1 ticket, when in the past 1-2 tickets were a common price on the wheel. And i dont know about other prizes on the box, because thats is all i get. 1-5 Coins and then, MAYBE , 25 more tokens or a ticket.

Then there is the wheel for losing: 1-5 Coins. So yeah, you can spend playing a more than half an hour match to the last prize of both players, and you get 1 coin. If you think thats rewarding think again.

Then there is the tournament wheel, the one with the less sense, where 1 ticket is a common prize on the wheel, but you can hit the mistery box once a year and get...... 1ticket too. Anyway, tournament focus is on getting boosters, but ****, put atleast 2-3 tickets on that box in 1 ticket is a common prize.

Then there is the ladder. People talked a lot about this on the past: We asked for a longer and better ladder. We get the same prizes but harder to get. Half the forum and reddit complained but the staff refused to talk about it. I even got banned once for talking about this, without insulting or anything, so im not even going to say my personal opinion. Right now,

What i'm trying to say here. Right now, the only half rewarding mode to play is tournaments because you can get some boosters, and even with that, everytime prizes get fixed it gets harder and harder to get tickets.

So what could we change here? More tokens for playing Vs, losing or winning, after all you can only buy locked stuff with them. A bit better versus ladder, those are tradelocked too, i'm not even going to ask for a ladder like the first ones , but something more rewarding. It takes an insane amount of hours to take something decent from the current one.

One thing i'm going to give about this to the team. Now we atleast have back 10 cards boosters packs on the daily login reward.

About this i'm glad, but i think a login reward more similar to Evolve Stage 2 or Guild Wars 2 would be more interesting. But its the less important part about all of this.

I agree with some of this, but if they increased the coin rewards they would have to up the cost of things like public trades, tournaments, and bundles. I like what they have done for the most part with the coins and ladder rewards in versus but you are right, the ladder could be helped to get better cards but beggars cant be choosey I guess :/.

The point of this game is for The Pokemon company to ********** and get people to buy packs/codes.

The ladder is amazing way to give out free stuff.

The Token system works, but they have to reduce number of token that get out. People use them hevy for trading. And many players need them, if you put fair trades up you get them back.

The problem with easy way to get token is a hugh amount of bad trades and rip-off trades in public.

In my opinion the ladder stress people to compleat it for every 21 days, and shut be remove compleatly or chance the time limited... Yes you dont have to compleat it, but people are trying to do anyway...

I agree with some of this, but if they increased the coin rewards they would have to up the cost of things like public trades, tournaments, and bundles. I like what they have done for the most part with the coins and ladder rewards in versus but you are right, the ladder could be helped to get better cards but beggars cant be choosey I guess :/.

It's bad practice to reduce rewards simply because they feel that they have to earn more money. If they introduce this 'nerfed' wheel near the beginning then no one will complain because the old way is to get a measly 1 token win or lose. Price increase to counteract the increase in rewards is an even worse practice and I'm glad the devs didn't swoop to that level.

Seriously, if the devs don't feel that we deserve so much then they can just keep things as they were. But reducing rewards and increasing prices are a definite no-no.

The point of this game is for The Pokemon company to ********** and get people to buy packs/codes.

The ladder is amazing way to give out free stuff.

The Token system works, but they have to reduce number of token that get out. People use them hevy for trading. And many players need them, if you put fair trades up you get them back.

The problem with easy way to get token is a hugh amount of bad trades and rip-off trades in public.

In my opinion the ladder stress people to compleat it for every 21 days, and shut be remove compleatly or chance the time limited... Yes you dont have to compleat it, but people are trying to do anyway...

*** lmao man. I spend real money here. I started playing ptcgo because of the codes i had from real products. But 99% of the ptcgo community buy those code from online sellers. There are A LOT of trash trade request right now. So no, asking tokens for trading changed NOTHING. It only make us have less tokens to spend on the shop.

And as always i dont know what i expected. I suppose i expected a more mature staff direction on the forums. A more public talk about why the staff does what they do. Why they keep nerfing rewards and why a day they decided to return 10 booster packs to the daily login. But its like always, they keep hitting blind like they dont know how to handle rewards without farming. And even with all of that the game keeps full of bugs. New cards bugged and every patch some old cards get bugged too. Now we cant even finish most of the matches. So cool.

*** lmao man. I spend real money here. I started playing ptcgo because of the codes i had from real products. But 99% of the ptcgo community buy those code from online sellers. There are A LOT of trash trade request right now. So no, asking tokens for trading changed NOTHING. It only make us have less tokens to spend on the shop.

The problem with many of the bad trade in public is people using a bypass to get free public trading...

Some time in the future there maybe come disciplinary actions on this players. But for now the can exploit the system...

(The moderators is welcome contact me for more information) 

I've always found the profs here to be transparent and mature if you treat them with respect. you say they "do not know how to handle" the rewards/game but it has tens of thousands of happy players so maybe they're just not handling your personal expectations too well.

also, if you've been around since browser, why havn't you kept your original account? I loved all those free boosters they used to chuck at us before trade lock was even a thing, why would you get rid of such a large collection of un-trade-locked legacy cards?

Players like stormesp confirms my believe that we are in the 'entitlement Era' where many of them feel they are owed something. Too many whiners always asking for sth more on a free to play game. If you are one who misses the old wheel due to 'farming' you probably need a second or third hobby. Ptcgo is already quite generous in their rewards.

One can easily save up enough coins to get the new sets when they are released without hitting even the 100 coin box once a few days. In fact I just bought 47 ss packs in game. By the time the November set comes I'd have saved even more.

However, trading function needs a big improvement. Which I might talk about in another topic.

I've always found the profs here to be transparent and mature if you treat them with respect. you say they "do not know how to handle" the rewards/game but it has tens of thousands of happy players so maybe they're just not handling your personal expectations too well.

also, if you've been around since browser, why havn't you kept your original account? I loved all those free boosters they used to chuck at us before trade lock was even a thing, why would you get rid of such a large collection of un-trade-locked legacy cards?

This is my originale account... Back then there was no forum... I should have one of the oldest accounts on Pokemon TCG Online... I think the date under my forum profile is from when i re-ativatet my profile after the break i have. But i don't know...

I have all the cards from the BETA version and my first battle deck, witch is a Glicgar from HGSS. It was so powerfull back then.

Back in the BETA/browser version there was no ex pokemon and max HP was 130. Zekrom and Ramshaim was complicatet to battle with outrage.

just weird that you're coming up as just "trainer" and not "veteran trainer" or anything. we've been through what... 3? forums now, so i know join date isn't accurate, but my title seems to have carried over through all the resets :\

How is there even farming now? Shiftry is already banned, so now why can't the wheel rewards be increased? There's no way to farm now, unless random early game concedes from the opponent count as farming.

How is there even farming now? Shiftry is already banned, so now why can't the wheel rewards be increased? There's no way to farm now, unless random early game concedes from the opponent count as farming.

Post-Shiftry era farming consists of running very aggressively fast decks and setting them up so quickly that the opponent feels intimidated and concedes shortly afterward. This is not a foolproof farming mechanism though (but neither was shiftry tbh).

Post-Shiftry era farming consists of running very aggressively fast decks and setting them up so quickly that the opponent feels intimidated and concedes shortly afterward. This is not a foolproof farming mechanism though (but neither was shiftry tbh).

It is still likely that you could win against these players, while it was almost impossible to win against Shiftry if you went second.

I don't see that as "farming" as that word has many negatives attached to it and is often synonymous with lack of skill, or strategy.

I think this is a strategy, and good on anyone that can do it. It's valid in my books :)

I don't see that as "farming" as that word has many negatives attached to it and is often synonymous with lack of skill, or strategy.

I think this is a strategy, and good on anyone that can do it. It's valid in my books :)

They limited the wheel to prevent people farming.

A player will draw a hand if it is a bad hand he will quit, that makes it hard to get a good battle op and running if people always are quiting the game...

I like token, but it most not running the game...

And why do you need so many token? You get in about 150-250 a day on the wheel now...

The problem I have isn't tokens, it's tickets.  I like the wheel, but it get difficult to keep up with 8-ticket tournaments.  I would like to see two and three ticket possibilities on the wheel, as well as maybe a reduction to 6 ticket entry requirements.  As it is, one half of the people will get... 1 chest and 50 coins for 8 tickets.  At comparitave rewards value, a ticket is worth about 30 tokens and a chest maybe 120.  This means you lose about a third of your 8 tickets.  And no matter what, that will happen to half the contestants.

They limited the wheel to prevent people farming.

A player will draw a hand if it is a bad hand he will quit, that makes it hard to get a good battle op and running if people always are quiting the game...

I like token, but it most not running the game...

And why do you need so many token? You get in about 300-400 a day on the wheel now...

You can never have enough tokens :P

And getting 300-400 tokens per day from the wheel alone still requires some commitment. Commitment that not everyone can afford.

Not to mention that you are guaranteed to get almost nothing if you lose so concede rates are sky-high.

You can never have enough tokens :P

And getting 300-400 tokens per day from the wheel alone still requires some commitment. Commitment that not everyone can afford.

Not to mention that you are guaranteed to get almost nothing if you lose so concede rates are sky-high.

Sorry... Wrong Calc... 150-250 token a day...

The problem I have isn't tokens, it's tickets.  I like the wheel, but it get difficult to keep up with 8-ticket tournaments.  I would like to see two and three ticket possibilities on the wheel, as well as maybe a reduction to 6 ticket entry requirements.  As it is, one half of the people will get... 1 chest and 50 coins for 8 tickets.  At comparitave rewards value, a ticket is worth about 30 tokens and a chest maybe 120.  This means you lose about a third of your 8 tickets.  And no matter what, that will happen to half the contestants.

you'll have a better time accepting those stats if you realise what tournaments/events are:  gambling.

yes, most of the people get a tiny reward that's a pittance compaired to the entry price. But the winner usually gets atleast 4 packs so it all evens out. Yes there is only one winner, but it's the same with any gambling or lottery. 99% of people win nothing or an insulting amount compaired to the entry cost back, and 1% comes away with a huge profit.

you'll have a better time accepting those stats if you realise what tournaments/events are:  gambling.

yes, most of the people get a tiny reward that's a pittance compaired to the entry price. But the winner usually gets atleast 4 packs so it all evens out. Yes there is only one winner, but it's the same with any gambling or lottery. 99% of people win nothing or an insulting amount compaired to the entry cost back, and 1% comes away with a huge profit.

I get that and accept it completely.  With 2-6 tickets, that is.  With the rewards structure the way it is (which is fine) eight tickets takes a long time to get.  It's a matter of not having enough total to actually make it even.  The losers should lose and the winners should win.  I just think that it needs to be oriented better.

Hmm, using that math, the cost of entry is 8 tickets * 30 coins = 240 coins

That is a pretty low cost for a 1 in 4 chance to score 2 packs (400 coins per store value).  Assuming your deck is decent enough to win at least 1 match.

Even when you lose 1st match, you still get 170 coins, per your calculation.  That is still pretty high rewards for losers.  

For more extreme comparison, in most real life tournaments the 1st round losers get nothing. Big fat 0.

I'm not sure how relevant this is, as you all seem to be in the 'deep woods" of the details of tournaments and ticket equivalencies here, lol.... however:

I have noticed that there are some tournaments where the entry fee is only 4 tickets.  Just yesterday I played in a "theme" tourney with a 4 ticket entry fee... so they aren't all 8 ticket fees all the time.  Maybe this is how they're addressing the cost issue you're discussing?

Also, I have a question about this "Shiftry" thing...

As a relatively new player to the online version of the game, I got Shiftry as part of the  basic leaf/grass deck all newbies get.  However, you all are talking about Shiftry being "banned".  What am I missing?  The card is playable in both Trainer challenges and "versus" matches... so I'm not sure how it could be "banned. 

Thanks in advance... :) 

PS - could someone explain what you mean by "farming"?   

No, I don't want to do it... I'm just confused about the term and what the issue is with it.  Years ago, when I first got into Pokemon while trying to help my son with the game when it first came out, I learned that one could "farm" for various Pokemon by basically "walking" Ash back and forth over a patch of grass until one appeared... you would do this either to get new/rare Pokemon that are harder to catch, or to build up experience on your active team.

However, from the context of these posts, I get the feeling that "farming" in TCGO is different, and "bad"?  So, you can see why I'm confused about what you mean.  

I'm not sure how relevant this is, as you all seem to be in the 'deep woods" of the details of tournaments and ticket equivalencies here, lol.... however:

I have noticed that there are some tournaments where the entry fee is only 4 tickets.  Just yesterday I played in a "theme" tourney with a 4 ticket entry fee... so they aren't all 8 ticket fees all the time.  Maybe this is how they're addressing the cost issue you're discussing?

Also, I have a question about this "Shiftry" thing...

As a relatively new player to the online version of the game, I got Shiftry as part of the  basic leaf/grass deck all newbies get.  However, you all are talking about Shiftry being "banned".  What am I missing?  The card is playable in both Trainer challenges and "versus" matches... so I'm not sure how it could be "banned. 

Thanks in advance... :)

The Theme Deck Tournaments are the only ones that still only cost 4 tickets. A little while back the developers doubled the entry costs, and through public sentiment rolled back the changes to the Theme Deck Tournament queues to make them more new player friendly. 

The Shiftry you have gotten from the Basic Green deck is a different Shiftry than the one that was banned. The Shiftry from Black & White—Next Destinies (when combined with the Flashfire Sensor/Nuzleaf and the Forest of Giant Plants Stadium) became an enormous cancer to the Expanded metagame, so it was banned from all sanctioned play shortly after XY—Ancient Origins was released. The banned Shiftry is still playable in Legacy, as the other cards that made the deck work properly are not allowed in Legacy format.

PS - could someone explain what you mean by "farming"?   

No, I don't want to do it... I'm just confused about the term and what the issue is with it.  Years ago, when I first got into Pokemon while trying to help my son with the game when it first came out, I learned that one could "farm" for various Pokemon by basically "walking" Ash back and forth over a patch of grass until one appeared... you would do this either to get new/rare Pokemon that are harder to catch, or to build up experience on your active team.

However, from the context of these posts, I get the feeling that "farming" in TCGO is different, and "bad"?  So, you can see why I'm confused about what you mean.  

The difference between farming in the Pokemon Video Games and farming on PTCGO is that the VG series is single player, so farming (repeating an action multiple times to eventually bring desired results) is not detrimental at all. The issue many people have with farming on here is that since this is a MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) game, farming (for tokens, tickets, VS Ladder Points, etc.) necessitates extremely aggressive play to produce wins in extremely short amounts of time. As you can imagine, this detracts from the fun of the game if your opponent is raging at you that you are playing too slow (even if you are a new player and haven't memorized the cards yet). Farming isn't "bad" per se, but it is definitely a symptom of an unhealthy rewards system.

Archived