How to disable chat + some issues...

miyamoris

I have a feeling this question is going to sound dumb, but I looked into the game configurations and I see no options to disable chats during matches with strangers. Can someone tell if that's possible, and how to do it?

I'd like to also add that I'm only looking for that because recently chats during matches have been the worst thing about this game. I know some people like to start nice conversations and it's a shame that I'd lose this possibility when disabling the chat, but recently I've been receiving lots of whining ("your deck is cancer/copypaste" "ugh I hate playing against this" and spam of sad ******. And I'm not even playing Night March these weeks!), people acting arrogant when winning and dudes being creepy because of course a random lady simply playing a game online would have any interest in a random dude being invasively flirty.

Call me thin-skinned, but so much of these types of messages is tiresome and no one has the obligation of taking responsability for other people being gross. This game's community need to grow up.

I have a feeling this question is going to sound dumb, but I looked into the game configurations and I see no options to disable chats during matches with strangers. Can someone tell if that's possible, and how to do it?

I'd like to also add that I'm only looking for that because recently chats during matches have been the worst thing about this game. I know some people like to start nice conversations and it's a shame that I'd lose this possibility when disabling the chat, but recently I've been receiving lots of whining ("your deck is cancer/copypaste" "ugh I hate playing against this" and spam of sad ******. And I'm not even playing Night March these weeks!), people acting arrogant when winning and dudes being creepy because of course a random lady simply playing a game online would have any interest in a random dude being invasively flirty.

Call me thin-skinned, but so much of these types of messages is tiresome and no one has the obligation of taking responsability for other people being gross. This game's community need to grow up.

Sorry people are being rude  :( Just ignore it, and make sure to report them if they are being rude. Anyways, when someone posts something, if you click on their character icon thing, there is a "block player" option. I'm not sure if this only blocks you from chatting, but try to go to tcg online settings by going to pokemon.com and clicking your profile pictures. Then you can change your account to custom, and turn off chat. (Not sure if it only blocks you from posting).

Cancer (N)

:   something evil or malignant that spreads destructively <the cancer of hidden resentment — Irish Digest>

-Merriam-Webster

Night march is not evil, it is merely annoying.  It has not spread for a while now; for months it has been staying where it is, and has shrank with Steam Seige.  And it's less destructive than you might think.  So while I understand your thoughts, you are wrong on all counts.

Sorry people are being rude  :( Just ignore it, and make sure to report them if they are being rude. Anyways, when someone posts something, if you click on their character icon thing, there is a "block player" option. I'm not sure if this only blocks you from chatting, but try to go to tcg online settings by going to pokemon.com and clicking your profile pictures. Then you can change your account to custom, and turn off chat. (Not sure if it only blocks you from posting).

Thanks for the answer, I'll try that.

Archived