Pokemon Play It! V2 problem

GR0

Anyone knows this old game? It together with the original Pokemon Play It! were the only PC Pokemon TCG games. Unfortunately, V1 pretty much sucks with only 4 decks (and 30 cards and 3 prizes and very basic cards etc...) with the opponent always using the same Fighting deck to face you (except when using Fighting yourself, then she uses Water), of which 3 of those can be used in challenges in V2 anyway. I started playing that game again because of PTCO.

OK, I'll go to the point now. Many people play V2 without trouble on their Windows XP: they simply browse the CD, go to Setup.exe and set its compatibility mode to Windows 95, run Setup.exe, then copy the Movies folder to the right place and the game can be played perfectly. No freezes or whatsoever.

However, as obvious, I've got a problem. I've installed the game following the above steps, without problems. However, when playing the game, everything goes fine, but at a random point in the game (always very randomly, though it usually happens in the first 5 minutes. If only I had more time...), the game completely locks up. I can't even CTRL+ALT+DEL out of it. And I forgot to mention that I have tried all compatibility modes for the .exe that starts the game.

Many people are the living proof that the game should work fine on Windows XP, yet it doesn't on mine. Anyone knows how I could solve this problem?

Right click the program shorcut and select properties, see if there is a tab that says compatibility. If there is one select that tab and click the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode:" and select and earlier version of windows. Hit apply and ok and see if the program runs without error.

Archived