Damage Change after Resistance Blizzard

Missingyes

I just played a game in which my opponent's Mewtwo EX used damage change to remove all counters on itself after my Regice used Resistance Blizzard. As best I can tell from reading the attack details for Resistance Blizzard, Damage Change should be unable to switch the damage counters and therefore have no effect, rather than simply removing the counters on Mewtwo without replacing them.

I just played a game in which my opponent's Mewtwo EX used damage change to remove all counters on itself after my Regice used Resistance Blizzard. As best I can tell from reading the attack details for Resistance Blizzard, Damage Change should be unable to switch the damage counters and therefore have no effect, rather than simply removing the counters on Mewtwo without replacing them.

Actually, it is working as intended. Resistance Blizzard prevents effects of attacks done to itself by Pokemon-EX, but does not stop the Pokemon-EX from resolving effects on themselves. 

Basically, when a Damage Change takes place after Resistance Blizzard, the Mewtwo attempts to switch the damage counters, but since it is blocked, the damage on itself vanishes out of the game. Since it cannot apply effects to Regice, it does not take any more damage.

This is via an official ruling from a Pokemon Rulings Professor.

Archived