keviny182

App crashing at launch with new update

keviny182

During patch update, application crashed and was unable to reopen. I reinstalled client from pokemon.com and now application crashes at launch. I am on OSX and have already checked to see if any permissions require repair; came up clear. 

At this point I'm not sure what the problem is. Another user on Reddit is experiencing the same issue. Please advise to see if this is an issue on Pokemon's end. 

Thanks! 

• Upvote 1

Ashrules235

Having the same issue.

Arshint

Having same issue, it crashes just when starts, I already completely re-installed it but it doesn't work. Mac OSX 10.11.6

• Upvote 1

BenX

I am also having the same issue. I have already gone into the "Library" folder and emptied the "unity" folder in both "Caches" and "Saved Application State".

I'm on Mac OSX 10.11.6

keviny182

I reattempted install from a different location/wifi access point and now it works. Not quite sure why nor how. 

Chicko2

I have a similar problem- When the update is 100% installed it re-installs it over and over instead of logging into the game

Wolf_Hawkins

I am also having the same issue. I have already gone into the "Library" folder and emptied the "unity" folder in both "Caches" and "Saved Application State".

I have checked, and also have permissions set to allow apps form 3rd party

Edited by Wolf_Hawkins

MiltonEagles

I am having same problem of app crash on startup after update. I removed the app and reinstalled from web site. Same issue. Uninstalled, shutdown, restarted, reinstalled, closed chrome (only app I opened after reboot) - Same issue.

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.11.6 (15G31)

Model: MacBookPro11,3, BootROM MBP112.0138.B17, 4 processors, Intel Core i7, 2.6 GHz, 16 GB, SMC 2.19f12
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro, Intel Iris Pro, Built-In
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, PCIe, 2048 MB
Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 8 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x02FE, -
Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 8 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x02FE, -

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       EXC_I386_GPFLT
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Logical CPU:     0
Error Code:      0x02000148
Trap Number:     133
Edited by MiltonEagles

karljtaylor

same.

Airknigth

Same here

ricky-w

Guys, if you are using a 2nd screen, try unplugging it, then load the game. It should then load, and you can then re-plug your 2nd screen.

It worked for me, but it's quite a hassle to do each time you'd like to load the game. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

• Upvote 1

player_3

Guys, if you are using a 2nd screen, try unplugging it, then load the game. It should then load, and you can then re-plug your 2nd screen.

It worked for me, but it's quite a hassle to do each time you'd like to load the game. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by a second screen? I'm also having this same issue, and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program

TX2thick4u

I seem to be having the same issue. I enter in my login credentials, click to login, PTCGO will then load to around 98% - hover there and then continue past the last 2% and then immediately crashes to desktop. Repairing/Reinstalling had no different outcome.

kannu3618

Run %appdata%. Then go to app data search for pokemon. Then delete all neccessary files. Then install again.

Ashrules235

This did the trick for me

PokeMaster2296

Run %appdata%. Then go to app data search for pokemon. Then delete all neccessary files. Then install again.

I did that and tried to reinstall it but it won't work

Just putting it out there that I do not have a 2nd monitor and still get the crash, so 2nd monitor isn't the issue

kannu3618

I did that and tried to reinstall it but it won't work

send videos or provide full information of what you did.

drumrj

I was using a 2nd monitor and unplugging my 2nd monitor and loading straight from my laptop fixed my issue.

Bisewski

It worked for me too. Waiting for the bug fix.

cjonasw

This worked for me!!!!! BLIMEYYYY ...