People purposely and intently, AFKing.

majero

Hello all!

I'd like to point out something I have noticed, (and quite often might I add), of people purposely going idle in a VS ladder match.

They do this because 1) they know they are going to lose 2) they are against a deck that they are weak against ( i.e; grass vs fire) 3) troll

Probably one of the most disrespectful things to do, instead of either playing the game through or conceding, in my opinion. They choose to waste the opposing (mine) players time instead of taking the loss like a respectful player. Has anyone else noticed this? I know there's not much we can do about it, but maybe there should be a better report system so people could stop abusing this.

Thank you !

Or maybe there is a different reason they are being slow such as

1. Server connection lag on their end
  2. Multitasking
  3. Device lag (e.g. playing on Android)
  4. New player reading each card before taking an action
  5. Other

Not everyone who lags is trying to Troll, though there are definitely people that do this.

Or maybe there is a different reason they are being slow such as

1. Server connection lag on their end
  2. Multitasking
  3. Device lag (e.g. playing on Android)
  4. New player reading each card before taking an action
  5. Other

Not everyone who lags is trying to Troll, though there are definitely people that do this.

I'm with ya there, Seminc.  To Majero: I do sometimes play against people who seem to be doing this.  I think you're right that it exists.  But as you also say, it's impossible to stop, and it's not enough of a problem to go nuclear with.  You have many good points, and I really like how nicely you phrased everything.  A lot of times, people rush in here all hot-headed and list a bunch of reasons why everybody else is wrong and the game is trash, without actually providing any info.  Upvote!

Right, there are many reasons as to one might AFK, but i was referring to the people who are doing it purposely, which only happens during certain situations (losing, playing vs a deck they don't want to play against, etc)

I'm with ya there, Seminc.  To Majero: I do sometimes play against people who seem to be doing this.  I think you're right that it exists.  But as you also say, it's impossible to stop, and it's not enough of a problem to go nuclear with.  You have many good points, and I really like how nicely you phrased everything.  A lot of times, people rush in here all hot-headed and list a bunch of reasons why everybody else is wrong and the game is trash, without actually providing any info.  Upvote!

Thank you :)

I did suggest a better report feature on the UI. Do you think that will ever be implemented?

What I interpret as "on purpose" would be if, say the opponent and I was fluently setting up, then I KO their pokemon that they set up before they could attack, then they start playing super slow but honestly I don't mind at all because normally this is the result of them laughing and then I just some how loose, rip me xD

What I interpret as "on purpose" would be if, say the opponent and I was fluently setting up, then I KO their pokemon that they set up before they could attack, then they start playing super slow but honestly I don't mind at all because normally this is the result of them laughing and then I just some how loose, rip me xD

Hmm, I took my time when the match up did not go the way I had anticipated. Last time my Fighting deck was matching up vs electric/normal deck (woohoo!) which produced a normal EX card that just decimated my active pokemon. In that situation I had to purposely slow down and think about my next steps.

Not everyone who slows down is a **** ;)

Hmm, I took my time when the match up did not go the way I had anticipated. Last time my Fighting deck was matching up vs electric/normal deck (woohoo!) which produced a normal EX card that just decimated my active pokemon. In that situation I had to purposely slow down and think about my next steps.

Not everyone who slows down is ****** ;)

Exactly :D I mean look at people who make videos, they take their time to explain to their audience what is happening, and methodically think about their choices so what you said it correct :D

I always thought they do it because if they do nothing for several minutes. Then maybe the opponent gets tired of waiting and quit and then they get an easy win

i've only had this happen once in my many many years of PGTCO. and it was recently. someone asked me to concede as soon as the match started (not even set up) explaining they only needed one more win for the next tier reward on the ladder. I told them they'd need to earn that win with me. They then (after lots of begging and trying to persuade me because they had a female avatar and mine is male ;) ) they informed me that they "wern't going to fight back" they were just going to stall, and this would be a "very boring match for you"

i told them i was watching mad max with my hubby on the other screen, and they could stall all they wanted it just meant their desperatly needed win would take even longer to come. i won that battle btw, cos they left after a few turns (and they did drag all those turns out to the last second) 

this is not normal though, and has obviously been brought on with the added rewards we have these days. When people are just slow i usually give them the benefit of the doubt. I have to leap up to answer the door/let the dog in/get some water regularly, so i never begrudge the people that do it to me :)

i've only had this happen once in my many many years of PGTCO. and it was recently. someone asked me to concede as soon as the match started (not even set up) explaining they only needed one more win for the next tier reward on the ladder. I told them they'd need to earn that win with me. They then (after lots of begging and trying to persuade me because they had a female avatar and mine is male ;) ) they informed me that they "wern't going to fight back" they were just going to stall, and this would be a "very boring match for you"

i told them i was watching mad max with my hubby on the other screen, and they could stall all they wanted it just meant their desperatly needed win would take even longer to come. i won that battle btw, cos they left after a few turns (and they did drag all those turns out to the last second) 

this is not normal though, and has obviously been brought on with the added rewards we have these days. When people are just slow i usually give them the benefit of the doubt. I have to leap up to answer the door/let the dog in/get some water regularly, so i never begrudge the people that do it to me :)

Do you know how many people would kill to meet a person like that in battle? You struck Daily challenge gold my friend xD

Archived