Which deck should i get?

saintego

Hello guys, i'm new here as i started playing 3 days ago.I'd like to ask for a piece of advice about which deck should i get from the store. So far i have the basic yellow,basic blue,dark hammer,mental might and night striker. I noticed that steam siege is coming out in a few days..should i wait till then?Thank you very much in advance...your help will be greatly appreciated!

When you start, you have access to a total of 5 starter decks. I see that you only mentioned 3 of them. The others are basic red and basic green. You fully unlock all 4 by defeating 7 different trainers in the Trainer Challenge mode with each of them. Also for the decks you mentioned that you got from the shop (or via redeeming a code), if you beat 12 different Trainer Challenge trainers with each of them, you get a free booster pack at the end each time. So in a way, any time you get a new theme deck it (eventually) comes with a free pack.

Got off on a bit of a tangent...you don't necessarily need to wait if you have enough tokens now. You'll accumulate more in no time. As for which deck to get next, I suggest two: Resilient Life from the shop (you'll probably like its ability to freely switch your Pokemon around and to find energy from your deck), and fully unlocking XY Basic Green in Trainer Challenge. XY Basic Green is one of the stronger theme decks in the game.

When you start, you have access to a total of 5 starter decks. I see that you only mentioned 3 of them. The others are basic red and basic green. You fully unlock all 4 by defeating 7 different trainers in the Trainer Challenge mode with each of them. Also for the decks you mentioned that you got from the shop (or via redeeming a code), if you beat 12 different Trainer Challenge trainers with each of them, you get a free booster pack at the end each time. So in a way, any time you get a new theme deck it (eventually) comes with a free pack.

Got off on a bit of a tangent...you don't necessarily need to wait if you have enough tokens now. You'll accumulate more in no time. As for which deck to get next, I suggest two: Resilient Life from the shop (you'll probably like its ability to freely switch your Pokemon around and to find energy from your deck), and fully unlocking XY Basic Green in Trainer Challenge. XY Basic Green is one of the stronger theme decks in the game.

I don't agree with Resilient Life as a full-time RL theme deck, tbh. It has too many filler Pokemon and missing evolution lines. For an RL theme deck, you're better off with Dark Hammer, as it's relatively consistent.

Not sure he was talking about physical decks and in-person play, but fair enough. Those are valid complaints about Resilient Life, but I think the ability to freely switch, to prevent status conditions, and to find/attach energy fairly quickly help to balance that out.

First of all i'd like to thank you for helping me out! I unlocked the last 2 decks(Basic Red and Basic Green) and i have to say that i really liked how the Basic Green deck works. I have encountered the Resilient Life deck once or twice in the versus mode that i mostly play and i liked how easily you can switch your pokemon so i think that i'll give it a go. I know that most decks have their pros and cons and that every player has their personal preferences and game style but my concern was if there is a "must have" deck from the ones that are currently available at the store since i don't know for how long they remain available. Steam Siege is coming out soon so does this mean that they are going to replace the current decks with new Steam Siege related ones?

No, they won't be replaced as quickly as that. The Steam Siege theme decks will simply be added. When the XY decks started to come out, the BW decks stayed in the store until all of the BW sets were rotated out of Standard. So the XY decks will be there for quite a while yet.

The volcanion steam siege theme deck is pretty good, for trainers challenge. i bought it in RL and used the code to get it in game. it made the trainers ************** easier

So far i have bought the battle ruler theme deck,the resilient life theme deck and the 2 new steam siege theme decks. I really like the battle ruler and the resilient life theme decks and i'm currently working on learning the Ring of Lightning as i find it interesting.Haven't played with the Gears of fire deck yet but after seeing it in action in the versus mode doesn't scare me much. Of course it's always a matter of what kind of draw you get but Ring of Lightning has already wrecked me a few times.

Archived