Call of Legends Booster Boxes

RobRatt

I don't know if this is the proper venue, but don't know a better place to ask...

I was going through some items in my garage, and found a couple boxes from the Call of Legends set. If I remember correctly, my son won them in a tournament and wouldn't let me tear into them ('cuz they were his).

I know there aren't very many sealed boxes still floating around. And after checking a couple websites, I realized they're not that cheap anymore.

If you had them...

Would you try to sell them?  Hold onto them?  Or would you rip 'em open, for real cards and the code cards?

EDIT:  My bad. ;)  I think?  They didn't have code cards in them until the next set, B&W, right?

Call of Legends dont carry code cards, that started in the BW era :P

IMO, I would sell them. My dad used to collect baseballl and basketball cards back when he was my age then stopped, sold them at a garage sale. Now those exact cards he had are valued at about $1,000.

Call of Legends dont carry code cards, that started in the BW era :P

Thank you. I realized that too, a few minutes later. Went back to my post to edit. Too late.

Sealed packages tend to carry more value than the cards they contain - a typical rule for any collectable card package.

I would recommend selling them (since it seems you were trying to clean house anyway), but check 'recent' (a year or so) sold listings on the "E"lectronic "Bay" of auctions to see if you think you can spare the room to hold them for better value or be rid of them ASAP.

Just a disclaimer, if you decide to open them, the only cards that are really worth a decent bit to pull are the Foil basic energy (at around $14+/ea) or a select couple SLs.

Just a disclaimer, if you decide to open them, the only cards that are really worth a decent bit to pull are the Foil basic energy (at around $14+/ea) or a select couple SLs.

That's my dilemma. Our set is already complete. ...I hadn't got that far even, to think about individual card values.  Just found these boxes today.

And I probably wouldn't use the energy cards. They're alright, but my favorite energy card is still the foil "matrix energies." Don't remember the set for sure. I think it was Emerald or Unseen Forces. At the time, after trading a bunch, ended up getting over 30 of each, and have been playing them exclusively. They're the "coolest" I've seen yet.

A couple months back, I saw these matrix energy on the "popular bookseller's" website, and commented to my son that maybe we should reconsider playing with $1000 worth of energy cards. ;)

That's my dilemma. Our set is already complete. ...I hadn't got that far even, to think about individual card values.  Just found these boxes today.

And I probably wouldn't use the energy cards. They're alright, but my favorite energy card is still the foil "matrix energies." Don't remember the set for sure. I think it was Emerald or Unseen Forces. At the time, after trading a bunch, ended up getting over 30 of each, and have been playing them exclusively. They're the "coolest" I've seen yet.

A couple months back, I saw these matrix energy on the "popular bookseller's" website, and commented to my son that maybe we should reconsider playing with $1000 worth of energy cards. ;)

Oh yea, forgot you had complete sets lol :P

I definitely have to agree that the matrix energy are completely amazing. I think they came from EX Emerald, EX Holon Phantoms, and EX Power Keepers. 

I definitely have to agree that the matrix energy are completely amazing. I think they came from EX Emerald, EX Holon Phantoms, and EX Power Keepers. 

Ah yes, it was EX Emerald. ...It's the first one's, with the smaller energy symbol, that look best. ...Ooh, shiny!!

Had a couple of those back when I played irl. I specifically remember trading with my friends for those energies!

I highly recommend to keep them in your garage sealed unless you are desperate for money.

Currently, the boxes go for $200+ and will continue to rise in value as more collectors are opening them and less remain in the market.

Call of Legends Energy have a ridiculous low pull rate (As low as 2 per box), and for that matter, HGSS Energy also have a low pull rate (As low as 6 per box).

Archived