A One Hit Win

dziesmer

So I have been thinking about unique (and probably bad) deck ideas for Steam Siege. And this one will just not leave my head for one reason: There is now a way to take all 6 Prize Cards in one turn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will it ever work? Probably not. But it is my dream and ambition to make this work once in my life

We all know that knocking out an EX is 2 prize cards. So there is 2 right there, you must know out an EX.

Umbreon EX has this awesome ***, horrible) attack that states that if you knock out your opponents Mega with that attack, take 2 more prize cards. That's 4 prize cards for one hit! Even though it is a horrible attack, megas a hardly even used, etch, it is still possible!

With Steam Siege, we get Greedy Dice, which states that if you pick that card as a face down prize card, take another prize! So, if 2 of the 4 Prizes you take from knocking out a mega with Umbreon EX's second attack are Greedy Dice, you take an additional 2 prizes! That's all 6 prizes with one little attack!!!!!

Is it plausible as a real strategy? Absolutely not. But I personally will challenge myself to make this work. Anyone else with me? :D

I don't know if your idea can work, but if it can, you might need help from Roaring Skies Δ Plus (Dustox, Articuno, Natu, Dragonite, Swellow) or Primal Clash Ω Barrage (Torchic, Nidoqueen, Medicham, Excadrill, Bunnelby). I'd be interested in knowing your progress.

I don't know if your idea can work, but if it can, you might need help from Roaring Skies Δ Plus (Dustox, Articuno, Natu, Dragonite, Swellow) or Primal Clash Ω Barrage (Torchic, Nidoqueen, Medicham, Excadrill, Bunnelby). I'd be interested in knowing your progress.

I was considering running it with Greninja BREAK, in order to do a bunch of damage wherever I want to set up Umbreon for the knockout. But I'm not sure if that is feasable because of limited deck space and everything it takes to run Greninja BREAK. Obviously Umbreon can't OHKO a mega with full HP, so there needs to be something else putting damage on it before using Mega Catcher. I don't think it can at all be a reliable deck, but I just want to take 6 prize cards with 1 attack. 

Okay, let's look at this.

Greedy dice x4

Froakie x2

Frogadier x4

Greninja x4

Gren-Break x3

Umbreon-EX x3

Switch x4

Lysandre x3

Evosoda x2

Pokemon Fan Club x2

That's 31 cards - you want to put in aabout 10 water energies, 2 Wallys, some Ultra Balls, 3 letters and a trainers mail, some max elixirs and you'll have a rough deck (some dive balls are advised as well.)

The tactic here is to get Froakie up, evolve, water duplicate and fill the bench with frogs and Umbreon-EX

Evolve all to Greninja, and then break.

Greninja has free retreat is easy - but only one retreat per turn.

So, we burn 4 switches (Gren to Gren to Gren to Gren to Umbreon,) use Lysandre and Lysandre up a Mega Evo. Take 4 prizes, and if two of them are greedy dice, that's game. (Or have Gren-Break snipe off a 60 hp basic or something, I don't care)

3 Shurikens, plus a dark hit? Not that good.
ACTUALLY, you wouldn't want Gren to go up against Rayquaza - you have serious issues with 130 HP (non break) and Delta Wild protecting it. Shrine of Memories (I run it often enough, interestingly,) allows for a 130 damage without serious repercussion.

Another (obvious) deck idea is (Mega)Alakazam / Porygon + Umbreon, as the opponent sits helplessly for a turn.

Greedy Dice, as I pointed out in my own topic, has only a 1/6 chance of being effective, provided you get none in your hand, and you run 4. (Which is a 60% chance, so not guaranteed.) They should add a health warning to the card "WARNING: This card will waste 4 spaces in your deck 85% of the time..."

As an aside, for Worlds, it and Talonflame will link up very nicely with Battle Compressor.

Yes, i have think about the same thing....

But i am thinking on Lugia ex plasma + Greedy Dice.

Lugia vs a EX pokemon = 3 prices. And then Greedy Dice do the rest.

Lugia deck offen go for speed. Is there a card in Expanded that can swap prices? There is in HGSS.

Or even taking 5 prizes, and switching in Slowbro from Breakpoint (though it's not worth the bench space outside of Water Toolbox, or running Slowing in addition.

Swampert/Reserved Ticket, Rotom and Greedy Dice will be a force to be reckoned with in Unlimited friend battles.

Archived