Trevor - how am I JUST seeing this now?

ZevKyogre

So, I redeemed my nephew's Yveltal vs Xerneas pack.

And I got a Trevor in there (didn't see it get added until I looked for it tonight.)

It is essentially a Master Ball, except not subjected to item lock.

How was this card not in every top-tier deck?
Is Ultra Ball's discard mandate not bad enough to necessitate Trevor in decks?

More importantly, Trevor will be rotated out of standard next month - is there any recourse?

Or does no one care about it because it's a useless card and overpowered by something else?

Because Trevor is a supporter card instead of say ultra ball which is an item. 

The supporter card is usually better than the item counterpart and that's because you can only play one supporter per turn as opposed to as many item cards like ultra ball as you want. Most people I assume want their supporter card to be saved for Lysandre/Draw cards like Cheren/sycamore etc/nurse joy heals etc. I mostly see and use Pokemon fan club since it lets you search for 2 basic pokemon (as opposed to any one pokemon though). 

It's comparable to fisherman vs energy retrieval. 

Professors letter to cilan. 

You don't want to overload your deck with supporters, a good mix between items/tools/supporters/etc. 

EDIT: Also, I think a lot of people don't mind discarding cards to pay for ultra ball and use it to their advantage sometimes. 

Is there a reason to use PFC over Brigette? Would it depend on EX vs non-EX needs?

pfc brings cards into your hand. Brigette directly places them onto your bench. So if you were to brigette for a shaymin-ex (as a last resort) you wouldn't be allowed to draw cards, while pfc would let you draw to six. A minor difference, but other than that it's essentially ex vs non-ex

pfc brings cards into your hand. Brigette directly places them onto your bench. So if you were to brigette for a shaymin-ex (as a last resort) you wouldn't be allowed to draw cards, while pfc would let you draw to six. A minor difference, but other than that it's essentially ex vs non-ex

Shaymin-EX, Hoopa-EX, and bench space are a problem.

Sometimes, you want to just pull a regular EX, and a (garbage) basic to use for Ultra Ball discards (like you already have 3 Frogadier on your bench from duplicating - do you need a Froakie in your hand?)

Or for hand augmentation (hand-fling decks and the like.)

Or if you have Parallel city restricting your bench size, or you already have 4 Pokemon on the bench, Brigette does not work.

Edit: word change to avoid bleeping.

EDIT: Also, I think a lot of people don't mind discarding cards to pay for ultra ball and use it to their advantage sometimes. 

I agree, like in Night March, for example, where this strategy is very helpful. 

Archived