Idea to be added to the PTCGO

spacyjaguar4114

Hello Pokemon Co.

I thought of an idea that could definitely make PTCGO better; a deck testing mode. In this mode you play against the computer, who will use an archetype of your choosing. After the match, it could give you some constructive feedback on the match and on your deck. For example; let's say I want to test my Landorus/Bats deck, I could use this mode to see how it would matchup against a popular archetype like Trevenant or night march. I would battle the computer (who will play like a real competitive player), afterwards it would tell me how these 2 cards have a great synergy or you should try replacing this card with this other card. Something along those lines. I feel like it could really help out players, as sometimes we don't see everything we did wrong. I know you can find someone online to battle against who can give you feedback, but usually they don't care, they give bad advice or they use a really bad deck. This would also really help out new players, as it would teach them to how to build a proper deck. One that doesn't have 15 trainers and 23 energy. I hope you consider my idea in the upcoming update or future updates. And thank you for taking the time to read my post

-Spacy 

It sounds like a step in the right direction to make the game easier for newbies! It would be hard to program, but it's better than the current "test deck" feature (which I'm sure no one really uses anyways)

It sounds like a step in the right direction to make the game easier for newbies! It would be hard to program, but it's better than the current "test deck" feature (which I'm sure no one really uses anyways)

there's a test deck feature? :o

That matches you against an AI brandishing one of your owned theme decks.

ohh i didn't know that :o thanks. I'll check it out sometime today

The Author is not talking about the current deck testing feature. He knows that already, But he is talking about testing one of your CREATED decks against another one of your created decks. Would be an awesome idea imo to help build more powerful decks and test your decks weakness WITHOUT having to go to vs mode to test it out.

The Author is not talking about the current deck testing feature. He knows that already, But he is talking about testing one of your CREATED decks against another one of your created decks. Would be an awesome idea imo to help build more powerful decks and test your decks weakness WITHOUT having to go to vs mode to test it out.

Not against other decks you made, but just pre-built decks that have similar lists to ones you might see in VS mode. 

This is a great idea and I personally would love to see this!

However, I can almost guarantee you that the staff will not implement this idea :(

Not against other decks you made, but just pre-built decks that have similar lists to ones you might see in VS mode. 

Your talking about decks like Greninja vs nightmarch right? That's what I considered a created deck (others call it pre-built)

This is a great idea and I personally would love to see this!

However, I can almost guarantee you that the staff will not implement this idea :(

Probably not, but hope can be good, even if it's false hope. I'm not only suggesting this idea because it could be great, but also because it can also inspire others to come up with their own ideas that could make this game better. 

I approve of this, but it would be extremely difficult to program an AI smart enough to use a tier 1 deck correctly (I remember the good god AI who gave me a turn 0 win by bouncing their only pokémon to their hand...). It would have to be updated like once per week as many decks, cards, and how to use them, are meta dependent which is something that is difficult to emulate throug an AI. This isn't chess where the same play isn't always the correct play.

But if this was possible, sure why not? It would be super helpful. As it is now though I recommend people looking for this sort of deck testing to band together. :)

I approve of this, but it would be extremely difficult to program an AI smart enough to use a tier 1 deck correctly (I remember the good god AI who gave me a turn 0 win by bouncing their only pokémon to their hand...). It would have to be updated like once per week as many decks, cards, and how to use them, are meta dependent which is something that is difficult to emulate throug an AI. This isn't chess where the same play isn't always the correct play.

But if this was possible, sure why not? It would be super helpful. As it is now though I recommend people looking for this sort of deck testing to band together. :)

This 100%.  If the Trainer Challenge is any indication, the AI would need to be improved significantly to be able to use those cards correctly and provide a true test.

Archived