Pokemon Trading Card Game Online Questions

Cartooncreator

I have been a Pokemon Trading Card Game fan ever since it had begun. From collecting the very rare Charizard, the Shining series and experiencing the neat ideas like my favorite, the Delta series, I was obsessed with this game. I stopped collecting them after awhile due to just getting older, having too many cards, not very interested in the new Pokemon and overall, I had no one to play with, but I am happy to have experienced the Open Beta to this game. The cards given to you at the beginning gave you a very efficent deck and basically, from Trainer Challenge to versing people, this is the Pokemon experience I've wanted since my childhood. With this great game, however, leaves certain curiosity and concern I have with the game and I hope to get these questions answered.

To start, when the Beta is closed and the official game is out, will the four decks you receive in the Beta be lost forever? I can understand not being able to trade these cards, since they were free, but if you lose these cards and not be able to play at all unless if you buy the new cards, I can only forsee it losing gamers who arent interested at all for the new cards. Plus, this brings up another issue with how you are able to save these decks onto your computer, because if its not properly fixed, it could cause errors when trying to load these decks. I'm sure fixing that is possible, but mostly I hope that these cards will remain on here, even if you just had to play the game in Beta form. You can still earn money from these gamers from site revenue and I guarantee advertisements will be around on the main dashboard eventually (It's a given), which would bring in ad revenue, but this would be great to keep people playing and attracting newcomers to Pokemon TCG.

My last concern is way more important than the Basic Decks, which is that I want to know if the old cards will be playable in Pokemon TCG. I have gathered over 3000 Pokemon cards from my years of collecting them and being able to use them in a massively multiplayer experience would be incredible. I've heard of "the rules of the game changing" or "the cards wouldn't work well with today's cards", but to be perfectly honest, the game hasn't changed all that much, except for the introduction of Supporter cards and Potions healing more HP. How does that make every single card from the past unable to play? You can treat the trainer cards like Bill as the supporter version of him. They still drew only 2 cards from your deck, just have them read as a Supporter rather than a Trainer. All the creatures were just as balanced as these are, so how they wouldn't be playable is beyond me. Is it because you can't authenticate them? There's plently of ways to have them monitored to be confirmed as real cards. You can do it as simply as a webcam scan, checking for the size, read out and little details that would only come out from your produced cards. I don't even care if it would have to be complicated and sending my cards, a certain quanity at a time, to Wizards of the Coast so they can look at them. What the else am I going to be doing with them? All they are gathering is dust and if you really deny the usage of all these cards in this game or in real life tournaments, then what's the point in collecting these cards? People could be collecting these brand new cards, but once a reboot is enacted, several dollars used to buy these and gigantic collections will be deemed worthless. It's basically saying your cards have an expiration date and that's completely ridiculous. Anyway, these are just my concerns with the game and to be perfectly honest, you have created something great. You've finally made it possible for everyone to experience the stimulating pleasure of this incredible card game. I'd just be disappointed if this game doesn't reach its potential to be one of the greatest online experiences ever achieved. Heck, if I had to pay money to get my old cards authenticated, I wouldn't care. I'd just like to get a use out of my entire collection of cards and I'm sure I'm not the only fan of this game who wouldn't want their entire collections being able to trade and compete with people all around the world.

Regarding the old card part I think they could just ban cards that aren't up to date with tournament rules and stuff from Ranked matches. Let people set rules for playing against their friends (When that's implemented) so they can use any cards they want.

Although it would be pretty much impossible for them to come up with a way for people to put their old cards online. But having access to original cards somehow would be sorta cool.

The basic decks should be available even after the beta is over. If you save a deck on your computer, when you load it later, it will double check to make sure you have the cards in your collection. Also, we have lots of fun posibilities for the future, implmenting some of the older cards could always be a posibility, no gaurantees tho!

Thanks!

Prof Proto

Centurion Moderator

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition, giving up makes it permanent."

I've saved all the Beta decks on my cpu, so that's good news to me, but I agree with Picori on how the old cards could be used and like I said in the letter, I'd be willing to do anything to get my old cards to be able to use. Thanks for the help and here's to hoping there's a bright future for the old cards.

Archived