Generations

Energy:

4x Double Colorless Energy

Fates Collide

11x Metal Energy

Total: 60

If you have any thoughts, please share!

Okay.... Where to start.....

First off, the deck is a bit clunky. While I like the idea of   Magearna-EX in the deck, having 3 is way WAY too much! You are still going to need 4 Shaymins for decent fast starts, dropping the Ray's to a 3-3 might be a better choice considering we have a new Trainer coming in that will allow you to shuffle all PKM back into the deck. Then you are going to at least need 1 Hoopa-EX (I recommend 2) for the consistent draws. I see ZERO Sky Fields in your deck and at least x4 are needed for any successful M Ray deck, even in the new format. 

Then there is the question of Super Rod? Why would you use that when discarding energies would be a good primer for mega turbo? (Not to mention we are getting that trainer that acts as a Sacred Ash.) I know that we lose Battle Compressor with Steam Siege, but with fast acceleration from Shaymins, you will have plenty of time to discard at least 2-3 basic energies with Ultra ball. Using at least x2 Jolteons in place of x2 of those Magearna-EX (also might consider using x2 Glaceon-EX's instead due to M evo looking strong in the next patch) would be better than using x3 Magearna-EX. 

I would make room also for x2 Lysandre's instead of just x1 (maybe cut a PKM FAN CLUB.) Also, I would reduce basic energies down to 3 or 4 depending on what gets a reprint, or what doesn't. 

There's alot more that I would do, but that's just the basics for now. I do agree though that Magearna-EX would be an interesting addition to the deck and might be the new META for M Ray. 

Thanks so much. I did forget to add spirit links, but I once met a kid who only played 1 spirit link, because they use 3-4 slots in a deck.

Ok, so basically, make the deck a bit more like this:

Pokemon: 15

3x M Rayquaza-EX (Colorless)

Roaring Skies

2x Rayquaza-EX (Colorless)

Roaring Skies

1x Rayquaza-EX

Roaring Skies

3x Shaymin-EX

Roaring Skies

2x Hoopa-EX

Ancient Origins

1x Magearna-EX

Steam Siege

2x Glaceon-EX

Fates Collide

1x Manaphy-EX

BREAKpoint

Stadiums: 4

4x Sky Field

Roaring Skies

Supporters: 9

3x Skyla

BREAKthrough

1x N

Fates Collide

3x Professor Sycamore

BREAKpoint

2x Lysandre

Ancient Origins

Items: 20

4x Mega Turbo

Roaring Skies

1x Rayquaza Spirit Link

Roaring Skies

3x Professors Letter

BREAKthrough

3x Max Elixir

BREAKpoint

4x Float Stone

BREAKthrough

4x Ultra Ball

Fates Collide

1x Maintainence

Generations

Energy: 12

3x Double Colorless Energy

Fates Collide

5x Metal Energy

4x Water Energy

Just to save you some time on typing decklists: on the TCGO, if you go to your deck and click the 'export' button (next to save) and then paste, your list will appear!   Poof!

Just to save you some time on typing decklists: on the TCGO, if you go to your deck and click the 'export' button (next to save) and then paste, your list will appear!   Poof!

Thank you for that. However, the decks I try to design usually use cards that haven't been released yet, and I use forums from my phone. If I may ask, what is your opinion on this deck?

Hmm...  I notice that you run a lot of prof.'s letter.  It seems to me that you should be able to get by with just two, but we'll see.  I also see you aren't running vs. seeker.  Is there any reason for this, like to counter viluplume?  If not, I'd say just two or three for saving space, but it's just too good not to have.  I also feel like you should do a full four DCE, perhaps replacing a metal. (are those there just for magearna?  If so, you may only need three.)   The lst thing I see is the spirit link situation, having two could be good.  Overall, I think this is a great idea, and could put Mayquaza back in the meta.  I look forward to facing it! (Which is saying something, as I usually dislike megas.)

Ok, so basically, make the deck a bit more like this:

Pokemon: 15

3x M Rayquaza-EX (Colorless)

Roaring Skies

2x Rayquaza-EX (Colorless)

Roaring Skies

1x Rayquaza-EX

Roaring Skies

3x Shaymin-EX

Roaring Skies

2x Hoopa-EX

Ancient Origins

1x Magearna-EX

Steam Siege

2x Glaceon-EX

Fates Collide

1x Manaphy-EX

BREAKpoint

Stadiums: 4

4x Sky Field

Roaring Skies

Supporters: 9

3x Skyla

BREAKthrough

1x N

Fates Collide

3x Professor Sycamore

BREAKpoint

2x Lysandre

Ancient Origins

Items: 20

4x Mega Turbo

Roaring Skies

1x Rayquaza Spirit Link

Roaring Skies

3x Professors Letter

BREAKthrough

3x Max Elixir

BREAKpoint

4x Float Stone

BREAKthrough

4x Ultra Ball

Fates Collide

1x Maintainence

Generations

Energy: 12

3x Double Colorless Energy

Fates Collide

5x Metal Energy

4x Water Energy

Hello! I think I can give some feedback.

First of all, you have waaay too much energy/outs to energy. It's a very common error, but it's always best to keep your energy-related cards on the lower side, and increase your draw power. You'll find that if you do, you'll actually have more outs to energy, as you can draw out your deck better and find that energy easier. It will run smoother and more consistently, I guarantee it. Also, I am not a fan of the multiple energy types. You need a focused strategy, and it's almost always best to stick to one type of energy. So with that in mind, let's do this:

- 4 Water Energy

- 1 Metal Energy

- 1 Mega Turbo

- 3 Professors Letter

- 3 Max Elixir

- 2 Glaceon EX

- 1 Manaphy EX

Next, let's get rid of some cards you have in excess/don't need. Maintenance is a pretty bad card, and has only seen fringe play in Archie/Maxie decks. 4 Float Stone is too much, you only need 2. I am not a fan of Skyla either, as it's a slow supporter, and does not fit at all in a turbo-style deck like M Ray. You only really need 1 Lysandre, especially with VS Seeker. So:

- 1 Maintenance

- 2 Float Stone

- 3 Skyla

- 1 Lysandre

That gives us 22 free slots to work with.

Now let's add some cards. DCE is really important, so let's make that count 4:

+ 1 DCE

VS Seeker is a staple that should be in every deck, so let's add 4 of those:

+ 4 VS Seeker

Trainer's Mail is a card that fits perfectly in M Ray, allowing you to draw your deck out fast:

+ 4 Trainer's Mail

Spirit Links are really useful, ending the turn is extremely bad for a deck like this that relies on speed, you have to run more to optimize your build:

+ 2 Rayquaza Spirit Link

Puzzle of Time is key to managing your resources, especially DCE, and wroks well in a turbo deck like this:

+ 4 Puzzle of Time

A 1-1 Zoroark line is a staple in almost every M Ray deck these days for the added mobility it gives:

+ 1 Zorua

+ 1 Zoroark (Stand In)

Maximizing Shaymin is very important, the draw is just too good, and I would never play anything other than 4.

+ 1 Shaymin EX

Let's add 1 more Magearna, 2 is a solid amount and it's a decent card:

+ 1 Magearna EX

Hex Mainiac has been a staple card in M Ray for a while for it's disruptive power, and it's a counter to the troublesome Giratina EX:

+ 1 Hex Maniac

Pokemon Ranger seems very strong, and offers a counter to Jirachi, Glaceon EX and the aforementioned Giratina EX:

+ 1 Pokemon Ranger

Also, I know you want Magearna EX, but there isn't really anything in the format that's relevant. I don't see it being useful, especially when the top decks coming out don't have attacks do put effects on the defending Pokemon. Jolteon EX is much better in my opinion, and the more versatile and meta-suited card. You can run M Ray with Magearna and Metal energy, but I would strongly recommend doing this instead:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 16

3 Rayquaza-EX ROS 75

3 M Rayquaza-EX ROS 76

4 Shaymin-EX ROS 77

1 Zorua BKT 89

1 Zoroark BKT 91

2 Jolteon-EX GEN 28

2 Hoopa-EX AOR 36

Trainer Cards - 36

4 Sky Field ROS 89

4 VS Seeker PHF 109

4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109

3 Mega Turbo ROS 86

4 Ultra Ball ROS 93

4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

3 Professor Sycamore PHF 101

1 Lysandre FLF 90

1 N DEX 96

2 Float Stone BKT 137

1 Super Rod BKT 149

2 Hex Maniac AOR 75

3 Rayquaza Spirit Link ROS 87

Energy - 8

4 Double Colorless Energy *** 114

4 Lightning Energy Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Also, when Karen comes out, definitely replace Super Rod with that instead. Hope this helped! :)

Edit: Pardon the weird spacing, my computer decided to double all the spacing for whatever reason and I'm too lazy busy to fix it.

out of interest is magearna in the deck because of its ability? Are you planning to use it like virizion? Just so you know it only prevents attacks that cause status not like virizion that just prevents status and not many standard decks attack with status effects

Archived