Why I am bored with Pokemon GO

r00st3r3

Please comment with what you think.

Don't get me wrong I love the little Pokemon mobile app Pokemon GO. It is a fun little app that allows you to catch Pokemon and battle horrible AI defenders at Gyms. It is a somewhat OK start to a Pokemon MMO. But after playing it for a week and catching the same Pokemon over and over and over again then transferring over and over and over again I am bored!

The couple things it got right.

1. Egg hatching is fine don't mess with it.

2. I like the battling system it is just that the AI needs to be a little better and add a chance to miss or something for defending Pokemon. WIth 6 correctly typed match ups of 500 cp guys and the dodging system I can take on 4 of a gyms Pokemon with double the cp and win.

What it got wrong and needs to change.

1. My starter Squirtle (the poor little guy) is just stuck. I haven't found an area within 10 miles of me where I can find others. I want to battle wild Pokemon to level up and evolve my Pokemon. Get rid of the stupid candies, I hate them.

2. Ability to battle other trainers via Bluetooth peer to peer.

3. Ability to add friends and trade with them. Trading Pokemon has been around since the card game started and even in the video games. Wonder Trade type feature would be cool also.

I am sure there are other things that will make this game way better and make it more fun.

I will keep it installed and updated and check in like once or twice a week. But with the little content it provides I think I just played it way to much.

All of the Pokemon in my area have been caught and evolved so I have all the forms. So hopefully they listen to the community and add some things that will make this game far greater and better for Pokemon fans like myself.

Thanks for reading.

As I asked in the previous topic before you moved it, do you have a few PokéStop's nearby?

Yes, have been to over 30 pokestops and got about 6 eggs all 5km and all hatched stuff that I already have. Go to them everyday. One is just by my apt and so is a gym. So maybe it is just I am super unlucky. My favorite type is Ghost type and Gengar is my favorite all time Pokemon which I have found 0 Gastly in a 10 mile radius around the Phoenix/Glendale AZ area. Checked the map I found online and went to those places. Still no Gastly. 

What is needed is ability to chat and trade with others who live far from us.  Each are has unique sets of Pokemon.  It is silly to expect people to drive hundreds of miles just so they can catch different Pokemons

What is needed is ability to chat and trade with others who live far from us.  Each are has unique sets of Pokemon.  It is silly to expect people to drive hundreds of miles just so they can catch different Pokemons

I agree. I work for a living and a lot of times just don't have the time except on the weekends. Even then it is summer in AZ and I do like taking walks in the evening but traveling more than 10 miles for an app is just crazy.

Yes, have been to over 30 pokestops and got about 6 eggs all 5km and all hatched stuff that I already have. Go to them everyday. One is just by my apt and so is a gym. So maybe it is just I am super unlucky. My favorite type is Ghost type and Gengar is my favorite all time Pokemon which I have found 0 Gastly in a 10 mile radius around the Phoenix/Glendale AZ area. Checked the map I found online and went to those places. Still no Gastly. 

Yo, come to Mesa! Around Country Club and Mesa Dr. There are so many Gastly's over here! 

P.S. 

Odd to see another AZ player here lol :) 

Yo, come to Mesa! Around Country Club and Mesa Dr. There are so many Gastly's over here! 

P.S. 

Odd to see another AZ player here lol :)

Might just have to do that. Bookmans is close to there also. Could do a little shopping and see if I can catch some Gastly's.

And of course can't login today either. So glad I got Monster Hunter Generations. It is a very fun game with online play.

Archived