complete modified TCG PokeDex app -TPC please read this

joe_Can_chat

This question is more for The Pokémon Company than anyone here unless someone has an answer other than no

I read that TPC had the Istore and the android market pull all the PokeDex apps that were made (except the ones in languages besides English as far as i can tell (which by the way is pretty messed up)) so my question is do you plan on making your own? And if not why did you do this?

I find that lugging my laptop to tournament play every week is a hassle, aside from the fact i don’t have a real PokeDex program that i can use to log what cards i have and don’t have. And from what I’ve searched on the net one doesn’t exist for the PC anyway, so I had to make a excel document and manually input every series from Base - BWES to keep track of my cards.

So then I finally got a smart phone, and heard about this great app called pokedroid only to find out you had it removed because it violates your copywriting or license agreement or some such nonsense and gave the excuse that it negatively effects the sale of your strategy guides and other products when in fact you have NO product to do what a PokeDex for the TCG would do those are all geared towards the video games.

So anyway to recap

Are you planning on making a PokeDex program for the PC or a smart phone app specifically geared for TCG?

And if not could I get a real reason why you won’t allow us to make and distribute our own?

I think this would get more attention if you e-mailed corporate or something. The profs here dont really have those sort of ties with the higher ups so i doubt they could tell you anything.

this was the only pokemon company forum i could find figured it couldnt hurt and we all know what those corporate types do with silly emails from the public you have to admit though a pokedex app for TCG would do great id even pay for it

Dude, its simple copyright infringement. You can't copy someone elses product and distribute it as your own. Even if it wasn't official, they might not want a non-official product floating around in the market place.

Dude, its simple copyright infringement. You can't copy someone elses product and distribute it as your own. Even if it wasn't official, they might not want a non-official product floating around in the market place.

thats just it they have no product that does this for TCG and a PokeDex doesnt have to contain any reproduction of thier product I'd be happy with a list of cards which are posted all over the net anyway

It doesn't matter if it hasn't been made or not. If someone made super mario toilet seat covers nintendo would have the right to pull them off the market, It comes down if TPCi wants to allow it or not.

It doesn't matter if it hasn't been made or not. If someone made super mario toilet seat covers nintendo would have the right to pull them off the market, It comes down if TPCi wants to allow it or not.

that ony appies if you have an image of super mario or there graphics on the toilet seat, granted it wouldnt be a super mario toilet seat cover without some sort of graphic on it. but a list of cards is just a list and there are milions of websites with card lists and TPC seems content to let them be so my question to them is why not allow the dex even in a purely text format.

Im not contesting their copywrite rights Im just curious to why they desided to put a stop to something that had no impact on their bottom line if they have no intention of comming out with a product to do this themselves.

Id also like to know why only the english versions of these apps were affected but thats secondary to my curiousity on the issue

Archived