Newbie with Trading Issues / Optaining Cards

RobinLvGamer

Greetings, Robin here, and I'm new to this TCG. This topic enters by the second gameplay day.

To say it short, I have three issues :

Edit : Yes, I did see the F.A.Q with nothing to reflect on this.

1. Trading?

2. Prize Cards?

3. Tokens?

Trading :

I enjoy TCG and have found none IRL to play with, thus this online game is very appealing!

I have won quite a bunch against other players, I have done Gold / Platinum League and got my two booster packs. Awaiting the third on the Diamond to get my last pack.

With these 3 optained decks / packs, I'm attempting to trade and I will get this message :

All your copies of this are untradable and so cannot be added to this trade set.

What's the point of trading if you can't trade ANY of the cards you optained?

I would like to know if it's possible I can get a tradeable deck.

2. Prize Cards

During a victory against another player - I can get from 1 to 6 Prize Cards, however checking on Statistics I remain with the same number of total cards as before the victory.

I'm confused on that, I can visibly see no new cards either. Is this a glitch, or is it another mechanic?

3. Tokens

Last question being, is it able to buy decks for Tokens - or plans for it? I'm at 68, and by tommorrow probably 100+.

From what I've read, the Basic Red, Blue, and Green decks are simply a loan and can't be traded. I heard you won't get to keep them once Open Beta ends, but I'm not too positive about that.

As for the prize cards, are you referring to the cards you get when you win a match in Trainer's Challenge? You're simply working towards unlocking a modified version of the deck (same can be done with theme decks, more on that in a bit). As for the prize cards you get when you knock out an Pokemon durng a game, those are just six cards taken off thet op of your deck that you earn BACK, but are still considered part of your deck.

And finally, the tokens right now can only be used to purchase avatar items for your avatar on the MAIN Pokemon site and at the moment have no use in the Pokemon TCG. Theme decks at this time also cannot be bought from the online shop and to get them, you have to buy the specially marked theme decks in real life and use the code card to obtain them in game.

I hope this helps and if I caused any confusion, I apologize. ^_^'

From what I've read, the Basic Red, Blue, and Green decks are simply a loan and can't be traded. I heard you won't get to keep them once Open Beta ends, but I'm not too positive about that.

Rental decks, eh? That explains alot why I cannot trade them. Thanks.

As for the prize cards, are you referring to the cards you get when you win a match in Trainer's Challenge? You're simply working towards unlocking a modified version of the deck (same can be done with theme decks, more on that in a bit). As for the prize cards you get when you knock out an Pokemon durng a game, those are just six cards taken off thet op of your deck that you earn BACK, but are still considered part of your deck.

Either trainer's challenge or multiplayer, there is viewed Prize Cards.

From what I saw, in Trainer's Challenge a specific deck of F/W/G can't be used in multiplayer untill you complete the missing 12 cards, but that's not the question.

So basically, Prize Cards from Multiplayer are just your own cards? Or am I getting it wrong? If it is your own cards, what's the point of "Prize Cards"? o.0

If it's the oppenent's card - I haven't gotten any from there either.

And finally, the tokens right now can only be used to purchase avatar items for your avatar on the MAIN Pokemon site and at the moment have no use in the Pokemon TCG. Theme decks at this time also cannot be bought from the online shop and to get them, you have to buy the specially marked theme decks in real life and use the code card to obtain them in game.

So basically, you don't get or buy your decks internally but first in real life from a store and redeem it.

Sounds simple, isn't packs like just about 4 euro?

Stil, I thank you for replying to all of my questions. A minority of confusion remains by the Prize Card, but that's about it. :)

From what I saw, in Trainer's Challenge a specific deck of F/W/G can't be used in multiplayer untill you complete the missing 12 cards, but that's not the question.

So basically, Prize Cards from Multiplayer are just your own cards? Or am I getting it wrong? If it is your own cards, what's the point of "Prize Cards"? o.0

I'm not totally sure what you mean, as I've never played Multiplayer. If you mean the 6 cards to the left of your playing field, those are a win condition. Get all 6 = winner. There's a tutorial on winning the game, might check that out.

They're $4 USD, I dunno if that changes to Europe or what the exchange rate is...

Rental decks, eh? That explains alot why I cannot trade them. Thanks.

So basically, you don't get or buy your decks internally but first in real life from a store and redeem it.

Stil, I thank you for replying to all of my questions. A minority of confusion remains by the Prize Card, but that's about it. :)

Prize cards are your own cards that you lay aside pre-match. Whenever one of your opponents pokes are ko'd you draw a prize card. A game ends when a player- draws all his/her prize cards, or knocks out all opponents remaining pokemon or when someone has no cards in their deck at the start of their turn.

Thanks for the replies, now I know what Prize Cards mean.

It's a matter of missinterpettion - I am used to ****** (edit - is that actually censored? o.0 It's not a bad word and it's commonly used in all ages.) - KO'd - Defeated - in some cases Fainted, but Prize? That caugth me a bit off-guard and thougth of it as something else.

No need to keep this topic going and may now close it. :P

Archived